Product That Should Be On Your Radar: Full-Surface Wireless Charger
Most of the tech industry is now after a new phone, a new tablet, or a new laptop every year. [No, this is not a diss at today's Apple event...or, perhaps it is] However, we have come to a point where we don't exactly need to upgrade every year or even every two years. Instead, it makes sense to focus on products and services that upgrade our experience around our tech "assets" instead of dumping money on a new gadget that feels new for a total of 10 seconds...
Nomad's Base Station caught our eye this week for offering a full surface charging station. Its proprietary FreePower algorithms locate your device, creating virtual coils directly under your phone (or other Qi-enabled devices), the company explains. "This is accomplished by 18 dedicated charging coils that intelligently work together to form an electromagnetic coupling to your device's power receiver."
With its full-surface charging station, you can drop your devices anywhere on the Base Station Pro to let the charge begin.
Never worry about waking up to a dead phone because it wasn’t aligned perfectly on the charger’s “sweet spot” again.
Charge multiple products at once! Some specs of Nomad's Base Station Pro
- Charge 3 devices at once (4 with Base Station)
- Ultra-thin 18 coil design
- Full surface wireless charging
- Up to 7.5W charging speed
- Powered by 30W USB-C PD
- LED charging indicators
- US, EU, UK, and AU adapters included
- 2m braided USB-C power cable
- Supports 100-240V input
- Dimensions: 5.6in x 8.7in x 0.5in
- FreePower® Firmware update
Nomad has multiple versions of these charging stations. Each one varies slightly in specs and size. Some of these include:
- Base Station for $99.95 - charges up to 4 devices
- Base Station Pro for $199.95 - charges up to 3 devices simultaneously
- Base Station (Apple Watch Edition) for $149.95 - up to 5 devices
- Base Station in Walnut Wood for $139.95 - up to 4 devices
You can sign up with their newsletter to get a 15% discount on these retail prices. The accessory maker also has a solid lineup of cases for phones, tablets, and Airpods, and Pixel Buds. It also offers power products, wallets, sleeves, and other products.
- Back in 2020, the company utilizied its factories to start making products for the medical community that were in short supply. It is now offering its stock of masks and thermometers at a discounted rate (use code MEDICAL at checkout for 40% off throughout this month). The company promises to donate the profit from its medical supplies to those fighting against the pandemic.