Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake Finally Announced, Launching in Early 2021
For weeks now we’ve been inundated with rumors that Ubisoft’s long-neglected Prince of Persia franchise was on the way back, which were seemingly confirmed by a leak on the Russian-language version of Uplay earlier this morning. Well, today at the latest Ubisoft Forward showcase it was made official – Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake is the real deal, and it’s coming this year! Check out the first trailer for Ubisoft’s reimaging of this classic, below!
The visuals don’t quite look up to the normal Ubisoft standard, but as long as the gameplay stands up, I’m happy. Hopefully this is the beginning of more remasters and remakes from Ubisoft’s classic catalog. Need to know more? Here re the game’s key features:
- A classic reborn - Experience the original epic tale of the Prince on his journey for redemption. Travel back in time with the return of the Prince's original voice actor, Yuri Lowenthal, and discover a brave new Farah.
- Reimagined For Today - Fight new enemy character models and enjoy entirely new cinematic sequences along with enhanced voices, sounds, parkour animations, and soundtrack.
- Wield the Power of Time - Master the Sands of Time and use your dagger to reverse, accelerate, freeze, and slow time itself while solving puzzles along the way.
- Breathtaking graphical updates - Immerse yourself in ancient Persia with more realistic graphics, pre-baked rendering, and VFX as you fight cursed enemies along your journey.
- Modernized Controls - Camera, controls, and combat have been completely rebuilt and updated for today’s standards. Choose between original or modernized mapping.
- Expand your experience with bonuses - Unlock the original Prince of Persia game (’92 Mac version) along your adventure and access it from the Main Menu whenever you want. Even more surprises await!
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake wall runs onto PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on January 21. The game's website seems to indicate a Nintendo Switch version is also on the way, but Ubisoft has yet to confirm that.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter