[Update: PS4 Patch Released] Prey Patch 1.02 Addresses Various Issues Including the Corrupted Game Saves
[Update] Prey patch 1.02 has also been made available for PS4 users, and some users claim that the reported input lag has been solved. The Xbox One update will release later this week.
[Original] Bethesda and Arkane Studios have made Prey patch 1.02 available through Steam for PC players.
The patch, which was previously a V0.5 Beta update, addresses various reported issues, including the corrupted game saves that players have been reporting. Additionally, the update offers numerous GLOO fixes, and tweaks Nightmares. You can read Arkane’s official release notes for patch 1.02 down below.
The Steam update v1.02 includes:
- Fix to prevent Save games from becoming corrupted. Fix also returns corrupted Save games to uncorrupted state.
- Also addresses some additional crashes on map loads.
- Hacking during the Power Plant reboot no longer causes the reboot to fail to complete.
- Fix to prevent the Player from becoming stuck in certain circumstances.
- Nightmares will now always search for the player once spawned.
- Saving and Loading PC settings will now save correctly for users with special characters in their Windows usernames.
- Numerous fixes to GLOO to prevent breaking and bypassing collision, prevent corpses from passing through walls and floors.
- Updated Recycling to prevent infinite material creation.
- Fix for occasional combat freeze when attacking Phantoms
- Kaspar’s objective indicator should no longer disappear.
- Updates to audio mix to adjust volume of music, audio logs, cutscenes.
Note - If a Save file has been previously edited manually, it may not function properly. Deletion of level.dat files may cause game progression to not function properly.
The update will be released shortly for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Arkane Studios writes that they aim to release the update for consoles next week.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter