Phantom Dust HD Remaster For PC/ Xbox One Gets First Gameplay; 4K & Widescreen Support
The upcoming Phantom Dust HD remaster for both Windows 10 PC and Xbox One, has received its first gameplay footage.
Courtesy of Polygon, the footage includes 19 minutes of exclusive gameplay from the remastered Xbox game. Check out the footage below:
The HD remaster of Phantom Dust was officially announced during Microsoft’s E3 conference last year. Initially announced in 2014 as a reboot, Microsoft later decided to re-release Phantom Dust with improved Xbox live support, gameplay enhancements, improved framerate and assets updated for higher resolution. According to Microsoft Studios’ creative director, Adam Isgreen, the remaster will support widescreen & 4K resolution.
“The biggest thing is moving [Phantom Dust] to 16:9 and moving to native resolution”, Isgreen told Polygon. “So what that basically means is that if you’re playing on Xbox One, you’re running at 1080p so the game is going to render at 1080p; if you’re on a PC and you’re playing at 4K resolution, the game will render its assets at 4K,” he said. “So basically, if you put it in a window, the resolution will be the window size. So we’ve been able to actually take full advantage of whatever you’re playing on and render Phantom Dust correctly at that resolution.”
“Phantom Dust” is a unique blend of third-person arena combat and collectable card game, in which both fast reflexes and clever thinking matter. Collect over 300 unique abilities and build your arsenal of powers, taking them into battle with up to three other opponents. You’ll compete in highly-destructible arenas—in teams or alone—and unleash a wide array of powers and tactics, including orbital particle cannons, flaming swords, barriers of ice, flight, cloaking, attack reflection, and even mind-reading abilities.
New Features for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC:
- Xbox Live Arena support integrated Play on Windows 10 PC or Xbox One seamlessly with cross-saves, retaining all of your progress and in-game items between both platforms.
- Cross-device play lets you play against friends regardless of platform.
- Full Xbox Live feature set of the original game, including downloading top player’s arsenals to practice against them – a feature not available since the original’s release!
- Looking for Group on Xbox Live so you can find and connect with other gamers more easily than ever.
- Multiplayer starter arsenals are included.
- Jump right into multiplayer with a better selection of skills!
- The Multiplayer skill shop is no longer tied to solo player progression.
- All skills are available for purchase immediately for multiplayer use.
- Improvements to game balance and frame rate
An actual release date for Phantom Dust HD hasn’t been announced, back Xbox’s Phil Spencer stated that the title might very well release before this year’s E3 event in June.