Paragon Introduces its Latest Hero, the Pop Star Shinbi
Put on a killer performance. Epic Games just released the trailer for the newest hero for their sci-fi MOBA, Paragon, now available on PC and PS4.
Shinbi is a melee assassin who uses spectral wolves to disorient her opponents before closing in for the kill. Shinbi is also a great harasser, but you may want to think twice before engaging in prolonged duels. The singer is best when trying to finish off an opponent who's on the ropes.
Below are Shinbi's active and passive abilities. The second trailer gives us a rundown on how to properly use the pop princess in battle.
- Rushing Beat (RMB/R1) - Shinbi dashes forward passing through enemies and dealing damage, she can also re-trigger quickly after to dash again
- Line Tempo (Q/Square) - A Spirit Wolf is summoned and runs out in a straight line, passing through minions and dealing damage. The wolf explodes on contact with an enemy Hero
- Circle Rhythm (E/Circle) - Shinbi summons four Spirit Wolves that circle her for 4 seconds, which deal damage and heal Shinbi for each hit
- All-Kill! (R/Triangle) - Passive: All of Shinbi’s abilities apply +1 Spirit Wolf stack per hit to enemy Heroes, building up to eight stacks. Active: When activated a pack of Spirit Wolves attack the closest target with the highest number of Wolf stacks, sending one Wolf per stack.
Epic Games also released a list of 2016 milestones they've achieved for Paragon. By the looks of it, it seems like Paragon is here to stay.
- Paragon is growing! There are now 5.7 million registered players.
- Released 25 Heroes in 2016.
- Shipped 132 updates since March.
- Introduced a bunch of features, including draft mode, improved matchmaking, and card crafting.
- Shipped Monolith. New map, new balance, and a new version of Paragon.
- There were 832,000 active players in January, up from 650,000 in November before the release of Monolith. There are also 44% more players playing each week - meaning more players are playing more often.
- Since Monolith, matches that end in a surrender are down by 17% and we’re working to reduce that further. Progress!
Shinbi will be playable on February 21st for free. Paragon is out now on PlayStation 4 and PC.