NVIDIA’s Game Ready Driver 436.15 Out Now, Optimized for Control
NVIDIA has released a new Game Ready driver, version 436.15, today. As expected, this driver is aimed squarely at providing Day One optimizations for Remedy's Control, out today on PC via the Epic Games Store. As usual, you can download Game Ready driver 436.15 from NVIDIA's GeForce website or via the GeForce Experience software.
For a detailed look at what's in the driver, check out the changelog below taken from the official notes.
Provides increased performance and the optimal gaming experience for Control.
Software Module Versions
• nView - 149.77
• HD Audio Driver - 220.127.116.11
• NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.19.0218
• GeForce Experience - 18.104.22.168
• CUDA - 10.1
• Standard NVIDIA Control Panel - 8.1.940.0
• DCH NVIDIA Control Panel - 8.1.955.0
New Features and Other Changes
Added driver support for Video Codec SDK 9.1
• Added a new NVENCODE API to more detailed error reporting.
• Added support for CUStream in NVENCODE API to facilitate parallel execution of
pre-/post-processing of video on CUDA and encoder tasks.
• Implemented bug-fixes and API enhancement to support H.264 MVC encoding.
Please visit https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk for more
information about the SDK.
Added driver support for Optical Flow SDK 1.1
• Added new algorithms to improve the quality of flow vectors for “SLOW” preset,
especially for flat regions.
• Added a new API to retrieve the highest Optical Flow SDK version supported by
the underlying driver.
Please visit https://developer.nvidia.com/opticalflow-sdk for more information about
Fixed Issues in this Release
[Forza Motorsport 7]: There is corruption on the tracks in the game. 
System crash occurs while installing the drivers on a system with GPUs from mixed
architectures; for example, Fermi and Pascal. 
We've already posted our game review and performance review of Control, so go check those out if you haven't already. However, NVIDIA also posted some additional videos on ray tracing and visuals in Control, as well as an incredibly detailed performance guide that should be very useful for tweaking purposes.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter