NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 Announced With Turing TU106 GPU – 2304 Cores and 8 GB VRAM, Packed Inside A Single-Slot Design
NVIDIA has introduced a new Quadro RTX card in their Turing based workstation portfolio. Known as the Quadro RTX 4000, the new graphics card will offer the same features of the higher-end line of Turing Quadro RTX graphics cards but at a much more affordable price while featuring compact design.
NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 Graphics Card Packs 2304 Cores and 8 GB GDDR6 Memory On A Single-Slot Design For $900 US
Starting off with the details, the NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 has been said to have the best-in-class graphics performance and features a single-slot PCIe form factor. It is clear that NVIDIA needed a card to fill up the entry tier Quadro segment as their other Turing based solutions cost $2300 and up to a massive $10,000 US price.
Meet today’s demanding professional workflows with GPU accelerated ray tracing, deep learning, and advanced shading. The NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000, powered by the NVIDIA Turing architecture and the NVIDIA RTX platform, delivers best in-class performance and features in a single-slot PCI-e form factor. Design and create like never before with faster time to insight and faster time to solution.
The specifications on the NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 graphics card includes the Turing TU106 GPU. This graphics chip was introduced on the GeForce RTX 2070 graphics card and is now making its way to the workstation market. There are 2304 CUDA Cores, 288 Tensor Cores, 26 RT Cores on the chip which clocks in at 1215 MHz base and 1540 MHz boost clocks. There's 8 GB of GDDR6 VRAM that runs across a 256-bit wide interface at 13 Gbps. The card is powered by a single 8-pin power connector and has a 160W design.
In terms of performance, the card boasts 7.1 TFLOPs of FP32 compute and has 6 Giga Rays/sec of Rays casting performance packed inside it. The Tensor Cores deliver a grand total of 57 TFLOPs of Deep Learning performance, RT cores deliver up to 43 TOPs while you can expect support for all Turing based technologies such as VirtualLink, VR applications and the enhanced encode/decode engines to be available on this graphics card.
NVIDIA Quadro RTX Graphics Cards With Turing GPU:
|Graphics Card||Quadro GV100||Quadro RTX 4000||Quadro RTX 5000||Quadro RTX 6000||Quadro RTX 8000|
|GPU||Volta GPU GV100||Turing GPU TU106||Turing GPU TU104||Turing GPU TU102||Turing GPU TU102|
|GPU Cores||5120 Cores||2304 Cores||3072 Cores||4608 Cores||4608 Cores|
|Tensor Cores||640 Cores||288 Cores||384 Cores||576 Cores||576 Cores|
|Boost Clock||1450 MHz||1540 Mhz||1815 MHz||1770 MHz||1750 MHz|
|FP16 Compute||29.6 TFLOPs||14.2 TFLOPs||22.4 TFLOPs||32.6 TFLOPs||32.6 TFLOPs|
|FP32 Compute||14.8 TFLOPs||7.1 TFLOPs||11.2 TFLOPs||16.3 TFLOPs||16.3 TFLOPs|
|RTX OPS||N/A||43 TOPs||62 TOPs||84 TOPs||84 TOPs|
|Ray Tracing Speed||N/A||4 GigaRays/Sec||6 GigaRays/Sec||10 GigaRays/Sec||10 GigaRays/Sec|
|VRAM||32 GB HBM2||8 GB GDDR6||16 GB GDDR6|
(32 GB With NVLINK)
|24 GB GDDR6|
(48 GB With NVLINK)
|48 GB GDDR6
(96 GB With NVLINK)
|Memory Bandwidth||870 GB/s||416 GB/s||448 GB/s||672 GB/s||672 GB/s|
|Price||$9000 US||$900 US||$2300 US||$6300 US||$10000 US|
|Launch Date||2018||Q4 2018||Q4 2018||Q4 2018||Q4 2018|
The Quadro RTX 4000 features a power-efficient, single-slot design that fits in a variety of workstation chassis. Other benefits include:
- Significant performance improvements — 8GB of ultra-fast GDDR6 graphics memory technology provides over 40 percent more memory bandwidth than the previous generation Quadro P4000.
- 36 RT Cores — enable real-time ray tracing of objects and environments with physically accurate shadows, reflections, refractions, and global illumination.
- 288 Turing Tensor Cores for 57 teraflops of deep learning performance — accelerate neural network training and inference, which are critical to powering AI-enhanced rendering, products, and services.
- Hardware support for the virtual link — new open industry standard meets the power, display and bandwidth demands of next-generation VR headsets through a single USB-C connector1.
- Improved performance of VR applications — new and enhanced technologies include Variable Rate Shading, Multi-View Rendering, and VRWorks Audio.
- Video encode and decode engines — accelerate video creation and playback for multiple video streams with resolutions up to 8K.
The NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 graphics card is said to be available in December through NVIDIA and their OEM partners. The card will be hitting a price point of $900 US which will place it as the most affordable workstation Turing graphics card.