NVIDIA GeForce Driver 440.97 Released; Optimized For The Outer Worlds, Call of Duty Modern Warfare
A new NVIDIA GeForce driver has been released today, bringing optimizations for two big titles.
The NVIDIA GeForce 440.97 introduces optimization for Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Obsidian's The Outer Worlds. Fixes for several titles are also included.
Provides increased performance and the optimal gaming experience for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and The Outer Worlds.
Adds support for windowed G-SYNC for OpenGL and Vulkan-based applications.
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Darwin Project
- The Outer Worlds (NVIDIA Turing GPUs only)
The NVIDIA GeForce 440.97 driver also introduces support for G-Sync on windowed OpenGL and Vulkan applications as well as several fixes, which are detailed below.
New Features and Other Changes
- G-SYNC is now supported on windowed OpenGL and Vulkan applications.
- Fixed flashes or frame drops in several Notebook models when running G-SYNC in the lower of the two system refresh rates.
- [FIFA 19/FIFA 20]: The game may crash to the desktop.
- [Apex Legends]: Random flickering occurs on the screen.
- [Star Wars: Battlefront II]: Random crashes to the desktop occur.
- [Growtopia][GeForce RTX]: The game crashes when launched.
- [Tradesmen OS3DE]: Objects are missing in the game.
- [World of Warcraft]: Flickering occurs on the character select screen.
- [Cinema 4D]: Trailing ghosting effect appears when moving the brush tool.
- [Shadow Of The Tomb Raider][DirectX 12]: The game crashes after hitting a TDR error.
- [Forza Horizon 4]: Colored corruption appears in the game during gameplay.
- [Notebook][GeForce GTX 970M]: GPU clock cannot be boosted beyond base clock speed.
- [Battlefield V][G-SYNC][HDR]: When G-SYNC and HDR are enabled, the game cannot be maximized to full-screen after being minimized to the taskbar.
- [Grand Theft Auto V]: The game frequently crashes.
The NVIDIA GeForce 440.97 driver can be download by going here.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter