No Man’s Sky Update 1.07 Now Available on PC and PS4 – Patch Notes Updated for Steam Experimental Branch
Hello Games has released a brand new patch for No Man's Sky on both PC and PlayStation 4 console. The new update, which is the largest one in size since the release of the game on both platforms earlier this month, packs a ton of improvements and fixes including those for PC-only issues. The patch 1.07 weighs around 671MB on PlayStation 4. The developer hasn’t shared complete patch notes for the latest update, but the list of fixes that have been made to the game via the Steam Experimental branch thus far has now been updated.
No Man's Sky Update 1.07 Weighs 671MB on PlayStation 4 - All Fixes Provided via Steam Experimental Branch Thus Far Listed
Hello Games is focusing all its efforts towards fixing the technical issues that have affected the performance of No Man's Sky. The development team confirmed that the last update, 1.06, fixed 90 percent of crash issues for PlayStation 4 version of the game. The latest update 1.07 probably fixes the remaining issues, though we can’t say for sure as there is no official confirmation.
You can check out all the fixes and improvements that Hello Games have listed for the latest patch available via No Man's Sky's new Steam branch, called Experimental. Following the official list of fixes shared below is a list that was compiled by reddit user SithSandwich; it includes all the changes that he noticed after updating his PlayStation 4 version of No Man's Sky on update 1.07.
Objectives and stuck without Hyper-drive Issues
- Player no longer able to redeem your pre-order ship at a point which would then prevent you learning the hyper-drive blueprint (and if you have done this, we save you).
- Player no longer able to bypass being sent to find hyper-drive tech by reloading a save in game at a very specific point.
Getting Stuck in the world
- Fixed a couple of low repro bugs that could result in you falling through the world and getting stuck underground.
- A raycast in some space stations could hit a very specific point that would put the player inside the floor.
- Fixed an issue that would cause your ship to be thrown in the sky at high speed when taking off (in rare cases could in turn lead to getting stuck).
- Fixed an issue that would cause your ship to get stuck in terrain and prevent you from taking off, if the player managed to out run generation of terrain LOD 1, and land inside an overhang.
- Some players were unable to achieve the extreme survival journey milestone, this has been resolved.
- Fixed an issue where some players had some technology types being reported as “already known” when they weren’t actually known.
- Under some circumstances a message was sometimes misinforming you that you learnt a blueprint when you hadn’t, this has been fixed now.
- It was possible you could use up all available slots for waypoints on the galaxy map and be unable to set new waypoints. This is much better now.
- There was a bug that could cause objective markers to disappear when you loaded a previous save. This is fixed now.
- Fixed a rare issue when scanning creatures that would cause all planets to show as 100% complete even if you had only completed one.
Save / Load
- Fixed a bug what could cause some corrupt save games to not be loaded, this is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue where saves made with the system clock set in the future could cause problems.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when warping into a system with a space battle in progress.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when interacting with an NPC.
Tweaks and Improvements
- It is now easier to scan flying creatures.
- Fixed height and weight stats being the wrong way around for creatures.
- Gek towers can no longer be interacted with repeatedly.
- The ‘You have unredeemed items’ message will now only show for the first 5 minutes.
- Fixed getting 0% charge on Photon Cannon when buying a new ship and constantly being prompted to charge it.
- Reduce Suit VO for life support warnings and only do life support VO on 25% and 50%.
- Fixed grave being transferred to the new star system after you warp.
- Fixed toxic protection 3 (theta) from having the wrong name.
- Fixed incorrect marking of sea caves under floating islands.
- Turning down music and SFX volume in the options will now work correctly (mutes the VO also).
- If you change ship or multi-tool and then revert to previous save the ship should now be the one you had at the time.
- Atlas station collision improvements to prevent you from bumping into them too much.
- Fix for the stars not being discarded during load/warp (causing duplicate stars).
PC Only Issues
- Editing the settings file and corrupting it could cause the game to crash. Instead of crashing it will now revert back to the default settings.
- The inventory screen now works correctly regardless of resolution.
- Added error message for older CPUs without SSE3 support.
- Synchronise frame capping with the first vsync (removes some framerate issues).
- Added steam id to login call to help track down some login issues.
- Fixed the X key size on the galaxy map.
- If you press Tab+P in quick succession, the game paused and didn’t let you out of it.
- Fixed a performance issue by defaulting your texture resolution to a sensible value based on available GPU memory.
List of Changes on PS4 Compiled By Reddit User
- 75% life support is not verbally announced anymore
- The small stutter after saving at an outpost beacon is gone
- The recharge photon cannon text box prompt is gone
- The upload discovery option is gone when on a planet with no fauna
- When recharging the plasma launcher, it fully charges to 100% instead of 70%. (never heard anyone saying this was an issue but it always happened to me)
- The atlas path is now on the 5th waypoint marker in the galaxy map
- The height and weight is finally fixed when scanning a creature initially
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter