Nintendo Switch Firmware Update 6.00 Leaked Screenshots Showcase New Icons, Features
The Nintendo Switch firmware update 6.00 is rumored to be releasing soon, but Nintendo has yet to say anything about the matter. Rumors, however, are most likely right this time, as the firmware has been leaked online.
Some users managed to install the leaked firmware, and have started sharing screenshots of the new features, such as new user icons.
The new firmware will apparently also introduce support for new controller types, as new icons for the NES and SNES controllers are getting added.
Little else is currently known about the Nintendo Switch firmware update 6.00. Those who are data mining the update have discovered that the OS has been re-encrypted with new keys, support for Online Save Data Backup and an eShop overhaul to support subscription services.
The previous big Nintendo Switch firmware update, update 5.00, introduced plenty of new features.
- Facebook and Twitter friends that also use Nintendo Switch can now be added through Friend Suggestions
- Friend suggestions are based on the Facebook and Twitter accounts you have linked to your Nintendo Account
- To view your friend suggestions, from the top left of the HOME Menu head to your User Page > Friend Suggestions
- You must be 13 or older to use this feature
- Select from 24 new ARMS and the Kirby series icons for your user
- To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
- Digital software purchases made from a PC or smart device will start downloading sooner than previously, even if the Nintendo Switch console is in Sleep Mode
- Filter News to view only unread news or news from specific channels
- To keep the Parental Controls PIN private, the default method for PIN entry has been changed to entering using the Control Stick and buttons instead of the on-screen number pad
- When prompted to enter you Parental Controls PIN, press and hold the + Button to change between input methods
- Captured videos in the Album will be restricted by Parental Controls depending on the Restricted Software setting and Software Rating Organization
- Using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app, add specific software titles to your whitelist to exclude them from the console’s Parental Controls Restricted Software setting
- Play-Time Limit restrictions will still apply even when the software title has been whitelisted.
- Receive notification when pre-purchased software is ready to play
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu
The Nintendo Switch firmware update 6.00 launches on a yet to be confirmed date. We will keep you updated on the matter as soon as more come in on it, so stay tuned for all the latest news.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter