New Windows 10 2020 Build Is Here for Skip Ahead Insiders
Microsoft has released another Preview Build from the 20H1 branch (Windows 10 version 2003). The build is now available to Insiders in the Skip Ahead. The company hasn’t released anything for the Fast Ring Insiders in over a week with many believing that the last build was the release candidate. Microsoft did have to pull that build back from the Slow ring last night.
The Windows maker says that some things in 20H1 “require a longer lead time.” Recent reports have suggested that File Explorer is in for some massive facelift and that could be the reason why Microsoft has started working on 20H1 before 19H2.
Here is everything that has been fixed with today’s Windows 10 2020 build 18865.
Windows 10 2020 Build 18865: General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- In Cursor & pointer setting, tooltips will now show when you move the mouse over the different color options.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator’s Copy command in Scan mode in Facebook’s “Write a comment” text field resulted in message “Item cannot take focus”.
- Narrator now announces the toggle state of checkbox in Listview.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator read “has finished loading” multiple times when loading a new page in Chrome.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator did not read cell content in Excel when using F2 to edit.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator said “end of line” when navigated to an empty cell while editing a table.
- Scan mode will now switch off to allow typing in the edit field of a spinner control.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator did not read aria-label information from button.
- Improved Narrator’s fallback logic for controls with no accessible name.
- Narrator will now present “invalid” or “required” properties on more controls.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator Braille showed the window title instead of the first line on the braille display when navigating to the beginning of the document with Ctrl + Home in a text editing area.
- Narrator Braille user can now reliably activate links by routing key.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator Braille did not render information on the braille display about the login pop up while creating a page in Facebook.com.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator Braille would show the accessible name in the beginning of every line in a text area.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a duplicate empty copy of certain folders being created on upgrade for some users.
- We fixed an issue where, if your computer supported Wi-Fi and you had the Performance tab set as default in Task Manager, on Task Manager launch, the Wi-Fi section in the Performance tab would appear to be selected, but the details displayed would be for the CPU section.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing unexpected BitLocker prompts to encrypt certain drives, and then subsequently failing to encrypt.
Windows 10 20H1 Build 18865: Known issues
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- When performing Reset this PC and selecting Keep my files on a device that has Reserved Storage enabled, the user will need to initiate an extra reboot to ensure Reserved Storage is working again properly.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. Creative has released updated drivers for some affected X-Fi sound cards. Please refer to Creative’s website for details on your particular hardware and any available updates.
For more details, head over to the official blog post.