Official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Update for Galaxy Note 4 – How to
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has finally received the new Android 5.1.1 OTA update. You can now update your smartphone to the very latest Android N910T3UVU1DOFC 5.1.1 update for Galaxy Note 4. If you don’t want to wait for the official notification to arrive on your phablet, here is how to manually flash N910T3UVU1DOFC Android 5.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy Note 4. You will also have to flash the latest OS update manually if you have rooted your Note 4 and have a custom ROM running on it.
Before you update Galaxy Note 4 to Android 5.1.1 N910T3UVU1DOFC
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 4 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 carries more than 70% of charge.
Steps to update Galaxy Note 4 to Android 5.1.1 N910T3UVU1DOFC
Here are the steps to update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 to official N910T3UVU1DOFC Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Launch Odin on your PC.
- Connect your smartphone with computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!! If you don’t receive this message, try a different port or re-install the drivers.
- On your Odin, select files:
- Click on PA and select the N910T3UVU1DOFC tar.md5 file.
- Make sure to uncheck Re-Partition and Auto Reboot.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 5.1.1 update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message on Odin. You can now unplug and reboot your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 into the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Don’t forget to let us know if you are liking the new Android 5.1.1 on your Note 4. Facing some battery issues after the upgrade? Check our list of solutions to fix Android 5.1.1 battery woes.