AICP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM for Galaxy Note 4 – How to
Officially Samsung is reported to send out the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update to Galaxy Note 4 late in July. However, if you don't want to wait that long, there is no reason why you should. Here is the popular AICP Android 5.1.1 custom ROM now available for your Note.
AICP 5.1.1 brings aftermarket customisation to your Note 4 including LCD charges, gesture controls and more. For fast, stable performance, here is how to update Note 4 N910F to Android 5.1.1 custom ROM.
- Recommended: Some of the Best Lollipop 5.1.1 Custom ROMs
AICP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop features:
- Compiled from Android Ice Cold Project: AICP sources.
- Version 9.0 Beta
- Initial release
- Android 5.1- R5
- Old Layout
- Proximity Call
- Add blocker
- Notification FC Disabler
- LCD Changer (persistent)
- Gesture Anywhere
- Recents Panel Settings
- App Circle Bar
- Network Traffic on statusbar
- Show CPU Info
- Boot animation changer
- CM Theme Engine
- Slim Launcher
- Slim’s Heads Up, with the ability to disable
- QS Screenshot Tile
- QS Screenrecord Tile
- QS Quick and Smart pull down
- QS WiFi Detailed Tile View
- QS Location Tile – Enable Advanced Settings
Prerequisites to update Note 4 N910F to Android 5.1.1 custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Note 4 N910F to Android 5.1.1 AICP:
- Connect Galaxy Note 4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy Note 4.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Wipe data tasks: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the AICP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 4 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.