Windows 10 Redstone 4 Previews Are Back with Build 17004
Microsoft is finally paying attention to Windows Insiders in the new Skip Ahead branch of the Fast ring. The company has released a new build from the Windows 10 Redstone 4 development branch. With today’s build, Windows Insiders will be moving to new build numbers. “This is what we do normally at the beginning of development of a new feature update for Windows 10,” the company wrote.
Windows 10 Redstone 4 Preview Build 17004
With the last Redstone 4 Preview Build, Microsoft improved the boot experience along with some new privacy features. Today’s build, however, continues to focus on Edge and Input improvements, among some other bugs and fixes.
Here’s everything that’s new in today’s Windows 10 Redstone 4 Preview Build 17004:
What’s new in Build 17004
Fluent Design: As we progress into the next feature update, you’ll begin to see more and more elements of Fluent Design light up. We love the enthusiasm we’ve seen for Fluent Design, and with today’s build you’ll notice that Reveal is now visible on Start in All apps.
Microsoft Edge Improvements:
- We fixed an issue where typing a web address into the address bar from the New Tab and Start Page and would sometimes clear the text and not result in any page navigation
- We fixed an issue resulting in keyboard layout changes potentially not being applied when using Microsoft Edge after setting focus to the address bar.
- We fixed an issue where the tab previews for PDFs were black with a white bar on each side.
- We fixed an issue where the first time you pressed Ctrl + F to open Search, the search box doesn’t get focus. We also fixed an issue where you might be unable to type in the address bar after clicking on CTRL+F text field.
- We fixed an issue where “Open with previous pages” wouldn’t recover tabs after dragging a tab between two Microsoft Edge windows.
- We fixed an issue resulting copy/paste and the print dialog not working for those using the updated Youtube.com website design.
- We fixed an issue where Ctrl + Click on a link in a PDF wouldn’t open the link in a new tab.
- We fixed an issue resulting in PDFs potentially rendering blank after panning down a few pages and back up.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights where Alt + D wouldn’t bring input focus to the address bar when certain keyboards were active.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the enter key not working properly in Facebook Messenger.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Delete key on the full touch keyboard layout unexpectedly inserting a period in UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a stutter when selecting long strings in certain single line editable text boxes (for example when naming favorites in Microsoft Edge).
Microsoft has also added a number of general fixes and improvements that have been released to the Fast ring Insiders on the Redstone 3 branch through the last few updates. For more details, visit the announcement page.