Mafia Definitive Edition First Update Adds Custom HUD Options, Noir Mode, Free Ride Content and More
The first Mafia Definitive Edition update has been released online, introducing new options and content, and more.
The new update introduces new custom HUD options, giving players new ways to customize the interface.
- Custom HUD Options
Use these new options to customize the in-game HUD if, for example, you want to make your explorations of Lost Heaven feel less guided or take a particularly pleasing screenshot:
– Switch the in-world main objective marker on/off.
– Switch mini-map enemy markers on/off on all difficulty settings. (Previously enemy markers were always on outside of Classic Mode.)
– Switch navigation features like turn-by-turn instructions and the mini-map GPS on/off.
– Enable the new Minimal HUD mode to hide HUD elements including the mini-map, the speedometer, and objective text while playing.
The new Mafia Definitive Edition update also brings Noir Mode and new Free Ride Content
- Noir Mode
Enable Noir Mode to enjoy Mafia: Definitive Edition’s gameplay and cinematics with a vintage black-and-white look. Noir Mode can be toggled on and off via the game options screen.
- Free Ride Content
Now that you’re off to the races and enjoying Free Ride mode, depending on which vehicle you’re driving and where you’re driving it, you might find one of a couple new gameplay features that we’ve added to the mode. We’ll leave the specifics for you to discover and hope you fare well in Lost Heaven.
The first Mafia Definitive Edition also includes a few bug fixes that you can find detailed in full below.
- Addressed a reported issue that sometimes prevented the correct vehicles from unlocking in the player garage upon completion of the optional Lucas Bertone missions. Players who have completed these missions should find the correct vehicles in their garage the next time they start the game.
- Also addressed a reported concern that a special assassination animation sometimes wasn’t triggering correctly during the mission “The Saint and The Sinner.”
- Addressed a reported concern that certain cinematics would occasionally show a black screen.
Mafia Definitive Edition is now available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One worldwide.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter