Mad Max New Screenshots Show Cars, Desert Environment and Enemies
Warner Bros has released a new set of screenshots for Mad Max, Avalanche Studios’ open world game adventure game. Avalanche is working on Mad Max and Just Cause 3, both of which are scheduled to release on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The screenshots shared by the studio show the desert environment, as well as cars and enemies.
Players take the role of Mad Max, in a post apocalyptic world, in an action packed open world third person action game. Mad Max will feature a variety of weapons, of which the shotgun is Max’s weapon of choice, but since ammo is scarce, melee options are the smarter way to go.
Max traverse through “The Big Nothing”, an unmapped volatile area. Max can eat small animals as rodents and maggots to replenish his health. Mad Max will feature a crafting system which can be used to craft new weapons and tools. Max’s garage can be used to change and modify the car’s engines, chassis, wheels, body works, including paint treatment, and the “shell” of the automobile.
Build the Ultimate Car
- Without your Interceptor, you are nothing. Embark on a dangerous journey to rebuild your key to salvation
- Brutalize your enemies in high-speed, inter-vehicular warfare using the ultimate combat vehicle
- Build your perfect war-machine with thousands of mods to customize performance, armor and weaponry
Be the Legendary Post-apocalyptic Warrior
- Build your legend by upgrading Max’s stats, gear, and abilities
- Raid enemy encampments to gain access to precious resources and powerful upgrades
- Kill or be killed by combining stealth, gun, and melee combat to take out your relentless enemies
Tame the primal Wasteland
- Traverse and discover a haunting post-apocalyptic world with dynamic weather, treacherous landscapes, and sadistic marauder factions that create threatening situations around every corner
- Freedom to do whatever you want, whenever you want. The Wasteland is vast and filled with dangerous side missions, activities and encounters ranging from ambushes to hijacking fuel caravans
Mad Max will release on September 1 2015 in North America, with a European release to follow on September 4. A closer look at the game will likely be available at E3 2015 in June. We will bring you any news regarding Mad Max as soon as it becomes available.