Kingston Announces the SSDNow V+200 Solid State Drives
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the latest addition to its SSDNow family, the SSDNow V+200. The new Kingston SSDNow V+200 solid-state drives are the ideal high-performance upgrade solution for the performance minded yet cost-conscious business or home user.
The SSDNow V+200 features the second-generation high-speed SATA 3.0 (6 Gb/s) SandForce SF-2281 Processor and outstanding sequential read and write speeds of up to 535 MB/s and 480 MB/s. The SSDNow V+200 enables fast system start-up, rapid data access and speedy copying of large files such as videos, presentations and graphics illustrations.
“Kingston constantly strives to offer the perfect upgrade solution to cover each market segment. The SSDNow V+200 drive has been specifically designed to meet the needs of both business and home users looking for an inexpensive yet powerful upgrade,” said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston.
“The SSDNow V+200 is equipped with all essential tools needed to extend the lifecycle and boost a system’s performance to the maximum. The balance between performance and price makes this SSD deliver the best ROI as an upgrade for a fleet of corporate notebooks or desktops or the home PC.”
The SSDNow V+200 is available in 60 GB, 90 GB, 120 GB, 240 GB and 480 GB capacities as either a stand-alone drive or as an upgrade kit to make installation easy and quick. Upgrade kits include cables, brackets, cloning software and HDD enclosure – everything the business or home user needs to get started.
A video of the new SSDNow V+200 can be found here.
Kingston SSDs are backed by a three-year warranty and 24/7 live technical support.
– Dramatic performance for any system upgrade
– Multiple Capacities: the right capacity to meet your storage standards
– Endurance: Data Integrity Protection featuring DuraClass Technology
– Dependable: RAISE for advanced data reliability
– Secure: Self-encrypting drive technology
– Durable: DuraWrite optimizes writes to extend endurance
– Form Factor: 2.5″
– Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6 Gb/s), SATA Rev. 2.0 (3 Gb/s), SATA Rev. 1.0 (1.5 Gb/s)
– Capacities: 60 GB, 90 GB, 120 GB, 240 GB, 480 GB
– Sequential reads:
SATA Rev. 3.0: 535 MB/s
SATA Rev. 2.0: 280 MB/s
– Sequential writes:
SATA Rev. 3.0: 60 GB – 460 MB/s; All Others 480 MB/s
SATA Rev. 2.0: 260 MB/s
– Sustained Random 4k Read/Write
60 GB – 12,000/47,000 IOPS
90 GB – 20,000/47,000 IOPS
120 GB – 20,000/44,000 IOPS
240 GB – 36,000/43,000 IOPS
480 GB – 43,000/30,000 IOPS
– Max Random 4k Read/Write
60 GB – 85,000/60,000 IOPS
90 GB – 85,000/57,000 IOPS
120 GB – 85,000/55,000 IOPS
240 GB – 85,000/43,000 IOPS
480 GB – 75,000/34,000 IOPS
– Power Consumption: 0.565 W (TYP) Idle / 1.795 W (TYP) Read / 2.065 W (TYP) Write
– Storage Temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
– Operating Temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
– Weight: 115g
– Vibration Operating: 2.17G
– Vibration Non-operating: 20G
– MTBF: 1,000,000 Hrs
– Warranty/Support: three-year warranty with 24/7 support