[UPDATED – New Details] Kingdom Hearts III Critical Mode Update Will Also Introduce New Game Plus And More
[Update] Famitsu has revealed some additional details on the Kingdom Hearts III Critical Mode. HP and MP will be halved from the usual values, and situational commands will appear less often. Additionally, the New Game Plus mode will reset the Keyblade levels to 1.
[Original Story] Kingdom Hearts III is finally going to receive its much anticipated Critical Mode today, but it seems like the soon to be released update also includes some additional unannounced content.
The 1.04 and 1.05 updates, which will be released later today, will introduce not only Critical Mode and new abilities, but also a sort of New Game Plus mode where all obtained Keyblades will be available at the beginning of the game.
The official English patch notes have yet to be shared, but you can check out a rough translation of the Japanese ones below.
About the contents of 1.04
- "Critical mode" has been added to the game mode, and new abilities can be used.
- Adjusted the behavior of some enemy characters.
- Acquisition of mini-game "Frozen Slider" The treasure can now be checked from the results screen and the mobile portal.
- A check mark is now displayed on composited items in the item composition of Moguli shop.
- We added messages such as game help.
- Fixed various problems.
- When this version is installed, new save data is created.
About the content of 1.05
- When starting a new game with "New Game", it became possible to take over the key blade etc. from the clear data.
- We changed processing about photography and became able to save up to 200 pieces.
Fixed various problems.
Kingdom Hearts III is now available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in all regions.