Kingdom Come Deliverance Patch 1.6 & Hardcore Mode DLC Rolled Out for PC/PS4/Xbox One
Kingdom Come Deliverance patch 1.6 and the free Hardcore Mode DLC are now available for all platforms, and we’ve got the full release notes.
As covered yesterday, the free Hardcore Mode DLC for Warhorse Studios’ story-driven open-world RPG makes the game a lot harder by not allowing autosaving and fast-travel. In addition, the new mode makes combat more realistic as strikes have more realistic impact, and engaging in combat with an experienced warrior without wearing quality armor is very deadly.
Alongside the release of the new Hardcore Mode, developer Warhorse has also deployed patch 1.6, which offers various fixes and allows players to disable tutorials in the game settings. You’ll find the full release notes for Kingdom Come Deliverance patch 1.6 and the Hardcore Mode DLC down below:
A new game mode aimed at maximum immersion. Think of it more as a survival type RPG, where you will need to pay even more attention to Henry's health, stamina, energy, and nourishment, including his location/whereabouts. The HUD has been significantly altered and simplified. Map navigation and compass have been reworked so that players have to navigate using landmarks. Fast travel is disabled and overall survival (staying fed and rested) is more difficult. Combat is a lot more realistic and fairer to your opponents. There are harsher penalties for using damaged items, so taking regular care of your equipment is a must. And because public health in 1403 is not at its best, your existence will be more troublesome due to the addition of certain permanent ailments that can optionally further scale the level of difficulty as you see fit. Hardcore Mode targets repeat players seeking new challenges, but also new players who would like a more realistic experience.
- North, South, East, and West will no longer be visible on the compass, so be sure to check the time of day and where the sun is located (rises in the East, sets in the West).
- Waypoints are shown only when you get close to them.
- Fast travel isn't possible in Hardcore Mode.
- There is no autosaving. The game can only be saved by drinking Saviour Schnapps, sleeping in your own bed, paying for a bathhouse full service, or exiting the game (deletes once the game is started up again).
- You can't rely on eating from the cooking pots. The best way to regenerate health is to sleep. Food and healing potions take quite a while to kick in.You're only alerted to your current health and stamina levels by means of in-game visual effects.
- Combat is more realistic in Hardcore Mode. Strikes have a more realistic impact, and engaging in combat with an experienced warrior without wearing quality armor is very deadly.
- Traders pay less for goods and rewards are lower overall. Repairing items are even costlier.
- You will need to choose at least 2 negative perks which will last throughout the entire game. Think of them as permanent debuffs that will make Henry's adventure in the world of Bohemia that much more difficult! And if you really think you have what it takes, go ahead and select every one of them.
- Nightmares: Every time you wake up you are shaken from your nightmare and suffer a short-term debuff. Sleeping becomes more of a "tactical" choice.
- Claustrophobic: When you close your helmet visor, your attack lowers. You have to choose between better protection or higher attack.
- Hemophilia: You bleed more which makes taking hits in combat riskier.
- Numbskull: Lowers your XP gain. A perfect perk for players who thought the vanilla skill progression was too fast and felt overpowered in the late game. It's more work to out level your opponents with this perk.
- Shakes: For true sadists. Makes aiming a bow and picking pockets and locks harder.
- Consumption: Your stamina regenerates slower. Combat is more challenging and requires thinking ahead of each strike.
- Tapeworm: You get hungry faster, and since eating from pots around the world is no longer such a viable option, this makes the survival element even more prominent.
- Sonambulant: Fun perk. There is a slight chance you will wake up somewhere else than where you fell asleep. Provides quite a challenge when you wake up in an unknown place and can't see your position on the map. Very rarely you can also sleepwalk your place to some secret areas.
- Brittle Bones: You must be careful while running down cliffs and riding a horse. Falls are more dangerous.
Patch 1.6 Notes
- Added "Disable tutorials" setting in the game options.
- Henry's trunk in huntsman's lodge no longer has "Rob" prompt.
- Knocking out Nicholas in Cherchez la Femme no longer breaks the quest.
- Fixed bug in Nasty Habits which sometimes prevented player from delivering wine.
- Fixed light optimization that caused freezes while riding a horse for a prolonged time.
- Hans Capon no longer sleeps till Judgment Day after completion of The Prey quest.
- Killing NPCs in Playing with the Devil quest properly fails it.
- Killing executioner Hermann should no longer tank the player's reputation.
- Guards react faster to knocking someone out and carrying the body.
- Fixed numerous bugs in quest Aquarius.
- You can no longer drink-a-port from Talmberg castle in Run! quest.
- NPCs react faster to player's surrender.
- Standing up before dice minigame with Nightingale no longer breaks Keeping the Peace quest.
- Fixed another bug affecting bird cages in A Bird in the Hand quest.
- Guards should no longer attack player after he's paid a fine or talked his way out of punishment.
- Crouch does not immediately trigger stealth music.
Kingdom Come Deliverance is available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter