ICS Theme for Samsung Galaxy S XXKPQ Gingerbread! Its ON!
Ever wondered whether your particular handset would get an Ice Cream Sandwich update? Whether it would be compatible with the Google’s newest flagship OS? And if it is, would its makers release an update for it? These are the doubts Android users frequently cross swords with while looking for the best possible customization for their smartphones. However, rejoice fellow Gingerbread Users! For now, even if you have been ignored by the concerned authority (namely Samsung), we have something which will blow new breath into your smartphone. Something which will customize your old Gingerbread from top-to-bottom. Say Hello to the ICS Makeover Theme!
Got tired of your same old look of Gingerbread! Want to have an ICS experience while still using Gingerbread? Can’t wait for the official release! Then, we have the ultimate solution for you in this regard! The ICS theme for your precious Samsung Galaxy S is here!
This theme, though still lacking in some minor places, is one of the best out there. No one will recognize what you are hiding behind such beautiful and elegant display of Ice Cream Sandwich! It wraps up your display in such convincing manner even you will be surprised you are actually running the same ol’ Gingerbread underneath the ICS elegance.
Moving on to how you can achieve this, the task is pretty much simple if you are an Android Geek and easy-to-understand if you are a noob. Just follow the steps in the mentioned manner and you will not face a problem. Wavering from instructions and you just might have a bricked device in your hands. But chances of that are none-to-zero if you follow the guide step-by-step.
Here’s the detailed guide on how to install the ICS theme package…
- First things first, your device should be rooted and deodexed. Also it must be equipped with the latest ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery Tool. For information on how to root and deodex your device, head over to xda-developers.com
- Secondly, make a backup of your current phone data. You can use CWM backup for greater integrity and trusted data backup.
- Now, it’s time to download the package which is available here. (Please keep in mind that this theme is only compatible with Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXKPQ, trying it with some other version might have negative consequences like bootloop or device unresponsiveness).
- Once you have downloaded the above zip file. Place it as-it-is in your Smartphone’s sdcard root folder. i.e. in the directory: /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/.
- Power off your phone and boot into recovery mode (Hold Volume up key + menu button + power button).
- Now, while in recovery mode, select install zip from sdcard. (use volume keys to navigate up and down).
- Now choose the package that you put in the sdcard’s root folder in step 4. Select install and let the recovery do its magic!
- Once it installs successfully, you will receive a message of its success. Now go back to main recovery menu and choose Wipe Cache and Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Reboot your phone and TA DA! Your Gingerbread just got smoothed out by ICS! Enjoy! (Install ADW Launcher EX for my kind of home screen)
In case of any inconvenience, just leave a comment.