The last time we reported something on a HTC Nexus, the smartphone was said to sport a chipset that would feature a CPU faster than the one present inside a Snapdragon 820. Now, the entire leaked specification list of the handset has popped up and we have to say that it is definitely an improvement over the Snapdragon 808 Nexus 5X, as it should be.
HTC Nexus Is Said To Be The Direct Successor Of Nexus 5X – Complete Specification Details Listed Below
The alleged specifications of an HTC Nexus include a 5-inch display with a 1080p display. The dimensions and resolution details differ from that of a HTC 10, but we feel that the design language is going to remain the same between the two smartphones. HTC is always used to employing a beautiful aluminum chassis to its flagship offerings, and we feel that things are going to be no different when Google and the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer are preparing to finally announce their Nexus offering.
We are not sure if 32GB of internal storage is the only storage model that is going to be offered by the company, but we’d be glad to see more models. Nexus 5X is a great smartphone as far as its pricing and specifications are taken into account but its 16GB internal storage was absolutely abysmal, especially when you’re the kind of user who wants to experience Google’s holy grain of stock Android and want ample storage with that package. We have listed the complete specifications list below and remember to treat these details with a grain of salt since they will most definitely change when the official announcement gets underway.
- 5-inch 1080p display (No details on display type, but we have a hunch it’s going to be an AMOLED display)
- Quad-core 2.0GHz 64-bit processor (Chipset model currently known, but its most likely going to be a Snapdragon 820)
- 4GB RAM
- 2770mAh battery
- 32GB storage (Could possibly be higher storage models announced for varied price tags)
- 12MP rear camera, 8MP front (12MP rear camera could possibly have 4K video recording capabilities as well as slow-mo video recording features)
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- USB-C port
- Bottom-firing speaker or speakers
- Top-mounted headphone jack
- Bluetooth 4.2 module
What did you think of the specifications listed above? Do you feel that they are a hefty improvement over the 5.2-inch Nexus 5X? Let us know your thoughts right away.