HTC Nexus Sailfish Build File Shows The Smartphone Is Going To Be Packing A Snapdragon 820
Some leaks become the most common sight and others reveal interesting features of smartphones in a very unique manner. For the upcoming HTC Nexus Sailfish, a build file leak shows that the upcoming smartphone is going to be packing a Snapdragon 820 underneath its hood.
If HTC Nexus Sailfish Will Feature A Snapdragon 820, Then Which Chipset Will The HTC Nexus Marlin Possess?
Twitter holds many secrets for us, and for HTC Nexus Sailfish, those secrets have been fulfilled to a large extent. If you pay close attention to the build file, you will notice the model name msm8896, which is a clear indication of a Snapdragon 820. Being a flagship, it was always on the cards that the smartphone was going to feature this SoC, but with HTC, you never know what sort of drastic decision it might end up taking, with a terrific example being the firm’s One A9 handset.
As far as the remaining hardware of the other upcoming HTC Nexus Marlin goes, Qualcomm announced its Snapdragon 821 very recently, thus confirming that Snapdragon 820 does have a successor that is going to be present in mobile devices during the 2016 Calendar year. Now the question is, which Nexus phone is going to feature the powered SoC?
If you wanted to know the differences between Snapdragon 821 and Snapdragon 820, they have been listed below:
- CPU performance cluster: 2 x Kryo running at 2.2GHz
- CPU power efficiency cluster: 2 x Kryo running at 1.6GHz
- GPU: Adreno 530 running at 624MHz
- CPU performance cluster: 2 x Kryo running at 2.4GHz
- CPU power efficiency cluster: 2 x Kryo running at 2.0GHz
- GPU: Adreno 530 running at 650+MHz
HTC is also said to announce its Sailfish handset alongside the 5.5-inch powerhouse, and here are its leaked specifications.
- 5-inch 1080p display (No details on display type, but we have a hunch it’s going to be an AMOLED display)
- Quad-core 2.0GHz 64-bit processor (Chipset model currently known, but its most likely going to be a Snapdragon 820)
- 4GB RAM
- 2770mAh battery
- 32GB storage (Could possibly be higher storage models announced for varied price tags)
- 12MP rear camera, 8MP front (12MP rear camera could possibly have 4K video recording capabilities as well as slow-mo video recording features)
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- USB-C port
- Bottom-firing speaker or speakers
- Top-mounted headphone jack
- Bluetooth 4.2 module
Remember, the aforementioned specifications should be taken with a grain of salt, and as soon as the specs of the smartphone are thoroughly confirmed, we will place all information for you right here.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter