Skip Songs Using Volume Buttons on Your Android Device Without Root [Tutorial]
For those who enjoy music on their mobile devices, one of the features that are often missing is the ability to skip songs using volume buttons. Now if you happen to have a wireless pair of headphone or earphones that have controls on them, then the process is easy. However, if you are relying strictly on your music player app, then that could be a hit and miss at times and can land you in some confusion as to why your tracks are not changing.
Now, most of the music players that you download do allow you to skip songs using volume buttons but not all of them work the way they should work. Thankfully, there is a handy app that you can use to do just the same. We have tried it, and it works just as fine. Therefore, you do not have to worry about anything that could go wrong.
Next Track Allows You to Skip Songs Volume Buttons on Your Android Device
Now on paper, the implementation looks like a fairly simple and straightforward procedure. But you will need to perform a few steps before you can finally go ahead and start skipping the songs.
Follow the guide below and you would be good to go.
Note: You will need to enable USB debugging from Developer options. For that, head over to Settings > About Phone > Software information and tap on Build number until you see a message or the phone asks you to input your pin. Once that is done, go back to your main settings and scroll all the way down to find Developer options. Tap that option and enable USB debugging.
- If you are looking for the easy way out, download the software on your Windows based PC from here and extract it anywhere.
- Once extracted, connect your device and launch the app. If everything goes accordingly, you will see the following window.
- Simply click on "Grant long press permission" and disconnect your phone. Restart your phone after unplugging.
- Now you have to download the Next Track app from here.
- Once the app is installed onto your device, simply launch it and you will see the following screen.
- As you can see, the app is already functional. For the free version, only the volume down button gets remapped with a function but buying this app will allow you to customize it even further.
That's all for now, folks! I know the feature might be rudimentary at best but some of us are used to being able to skip tracks with the volume keys. The feature works really well on Poweramp V3 and it works with screen off. You can customize it further by going into the Options, and there is a lot of granularity that is being offered as well.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter