How to Unlock OnePlus 8 Pro Bootloader [Tutorial]
OnePlus 8 Pro is undoubtedly a great device. OnePlus has done a fantastic job releasing a phone that has some of the best specs that we have seen in some time now. Another place where OnePlus devices shine is when it comes to making customizations like unlocking the bootloader of their devices as well as rooting them and installing custom ROM.
While we are not going to cover the latter two in this post, we do intend to look at how you can unlock OnePlus 8 Pro bootloader. If you are familiar with OnePlus devices of the past, then the process is largely the same. Which means that there is not much to worry about, from the start. Still, let's have a look at the process.
Unlock OnePlus 8 Pro Bootloader Following These Simple Steps
Gone are the days when unlocking bootloader used to be a technical process. Things have become comparatively easier in the modern-day and age, and if you are looking to go through the process, it can be achieved rather easily. Unlocking bootloader is no longer considered a forbidden fruit as it has become a simple process, comprising of only a few steps.
Let's see how you can unlock OnePlus 8 Pro bootloader. Keep in mind that doing so will erase your device's data. So, backing up is a smart move.
- Download the fastboot installer from here and follow the instructions to install it on your computer.
How to Unlock OnePlus 8 Pro Bootloader
- The first step is to head over to Settings and then go to About phone.
- There, you should search for Build number, then tap on it until you get a message or you are asked to enter your pin.
- Head back to the main menu, scroll until you find Developer options.
- Once you are there, you need to look for OEM unlocking and Advanced reboot, and toggle both options on.
- Press and hold the power button and choose Bootloader from the power menu.
- Your phone will reboot in the fastboot/bootloader mode.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Open the command prompt anywhere on your computer and type fastboot oem unlock and press enter.
- You will be given a few prompts. You have to be sure that you are navigating using the volume keys and pressing the power button to confirm.
- The process should begin at the spot, and once done, you can reboot your phone.
The phone will now boot, and you will be asked to set it up from the start. You will now have an unlocked bootloader, which means you can go ahead and root your device and install custom ROMs as well.
Are you planning to unlock OnePlus 8 Pro bootloader? Let us know.