How to Unlock Galaxy Z Fold 3 Bootloader
There is no way to deny that the Galaxy Z Fold 3 is one of the hottest foldable in the market and despite being released last year, it still manages to outshine the competition and deliver the definitive foldable experience. Needless to say, if you are in the market for the best foldable, this is the phone to go for. But you know what would make this phone even better? If you unlock the Galaxy Z Fold 3 bootloader as that would allow you to root the device and customize it to your heart's content.
Now, I know that we reported earlier that unlocking the bootloader on the Galaxy Z Fold 3 ends up making the cameras nonfunctional but Samsung has fixed that issue and it no longer happens.
Additionally, the unlock process is one of the simplest, but still, if you want to be sure that you are doing everything the right way, this guide is for you.
Unlock Galaxy Z Fold 3 Bootloader with These Simple Steps
Now, before you proceed. It is important to know that unlocking the bootloader will wipe your phone entirely. Therefore, it is advised that you make a backup before you proceed.
Once you have backed up everything, you can start unlocking the Galaxy Z Fold 3 bootloader.
- Go to the Settings menu on your phone.
- Scroll down and look for About Phone > Software Information.
- Now tap the Build Number seven times and it will enable the Developer Options.
- Once that is done, go back to the Settings menu, scroll down, and open Developer Options.
- Look for a toggle called OEM Unlocking and enable that.
- Now, power off your device.
- Hold the volume up and volume down button as you connect your Galaxy Z Fold 3 to your computer via a USB cable.
- You will get a warning screen, press and hold the volume up button another time.
- The phone will now show an Unlock Bootloader prompt. Press and hold the volume up button; this will unlock the bootloader and wipe your phone of all the data.
- Once the process is complete, your phone will reboot automatically and boot into the OS.
That's all, folks. Following these simple steps, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Galaxy Z Fold 3. In the next tutorial, we are going to take a look at how you can root the Galaxy Z Fold 3 with Magisk.
Looking for more tutorials? Make sure you head over to this section.