How to Root OnePlus 8 Using Magisk [Tutorial]
The OnePlus 8 is no doubt a great device; sporting impressive specs and an overall design that remains as timeless as it could get. That coupled with the brilliantly fast OxygenOS, and we have got our hands on a winner through and through. As we are well aware, OnePlus devices are known for having great community support. Meaning that you can root your device with ease, allowing you to have a much greater level of customization than you normally would.
If you have just received your device and you are looking at how to root OnePlus 8, then you are at the right place as we are going to walk you through the entire process.
Use Magisk Manager to Root OnePlus 8
Now the rooting procedure is simple, thanks to OnePlus being straightforward. You do not need to get your hands in a lot of different places. As long as you are following the instructions you are good to go.
So, without wasting more time, we would like to get straight to the process.
Before you start, you are going to require a few things to have a hassle-free experience.
- Download Magisk Manager on your phone from here.
- Download and Install ADB/Fastboot on your computer from here.
- Download your phone's firmware. Make sure it is the same version as your device's firmware.
- Unlock your phone's bootloader. If it isn't unlocked, you can check this guide.
Once you have managed to take care of all these things, you can start the rooting process.
- Start by extracting the boot.img from the firmware you downloaded. Copy that file onto your phone.
- Make sure you have the Magisk Manager installed on your device.
- Once you have copied the file, launch the Magisk Manager and then tap on Install, then Install again.
- Choose the second option that says Select and Patch a File.
- You will have to navigate to where you have placed the boot.img on your phone and select that.
- Magisk Manager will start the patching process, and the output file will be saved in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.imag or patched_boot.img. You will need to copy this back on to your computer.
- Rename the file back to boot.img.
- Now it's time to boot your device in fastboot mode. To do this the easy way, you should have the advanced reboot in Developer options enabled. You can do so in this guide.
- Once your device is in fastboot mode, connect it to your computer and type fastboot devices. This is to ensure that your device is connected and it will show up on the command prompt.
- Next, you have to type fastboot flash boot boot.img and press enter.
- Once the process is complete, simply reboot your phone and you will be done.
Once your phone reboots, go to the Magisk Manager app and it will proceed with some initiations, and once those are done, you will be all rooted. Your device might reboot again when you are in the Magisk Manager.
Now that you have managed to root OnePlus 8, you can go ahead and start customizing the device the way you wish to.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter