How to Fix Bluetooth Issues in iOS 13 and iPadOS
iOS 13 brought quite a boatload of new additions to the table which includes the highly anticipated Dark Mode, the new Photos app and much more. However, take note that iOS 13 is crawling with bugs and Apple has been releasing updates to keep it on its feet. iPadOS 13 also shares the same features. In addition, one of the most highly reported problems in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 is Bluetooth connectivity. If you have been a victim, here's how to fix Bluetooth issues in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13.
Fix Bluetooth Issues in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 - Step By Step Instructions
As we have previously mentioned, Bluetooth connectivity is one of the persisting problems present in the operating system. Some of the issues include users not seeing the Bluetooth accessory, stuttering of music tracks, crackling sound and unable to connect to accessory.
While we have penned down several fixes, the first thing that you have to do is to ensure that the problem is not in the accessory that you're connecting to your iPhone or iPad. Our fixes will only help you if the problem lies with your iPhone or iPad. So let's dive in to see how you can fix Bluetooth issues in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13.
Installing the Latest Software Update
Apple has seen fit to release iOS 13.1.2 on September 30th, which brings a fix for Bluetooth issues. Specifically, the update features a fix where Bluetooth connectivity would drop on certain vehicles. Henceforth, installing the latest update might help you with your issues if you haven't updated yet.
Another way to fix Bluetooth issues in iOS 13 is to Force Restart your device. First, make sure that you toggle Bluetooth off from Settings > Bluetooth. In order to force restart your iPhone, follow the provided steps:
- On iPhone models without Face ID, simply hold the Home button, Volume Down and Power button until you see the Apple logo.
- For iPhone models with Face ID, press and release Volume Up, press and release Volume Down and then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo on the screen. See our details guide here.
Once the iPhone restarts again, navigate to Settings > Bluetooth and toggle it on. Now see if it fixes the Bluetooth issue. If it doesn't try other methods listed.
Reset Network Settings
If the previous method didn't work for you, try resetting the Network Settings in order to fix Bluetooth issues on iOS 13 and iPadOS. In order to Reset Network Settings, follow the listed steps:
1. Launch the Settings app and navigate to Generals.
2. Scroll down at the very end and tap on Reset and tap on Reset Network Settings.
3. Enter the passcode and confirm your operation.
That's it. Your iPhone will now reboot and once it is back on try connecting the accessory or device again.
If the problem still persists, try forgetting the device and then connect it again. You can do this by:
1. Launch the Settings app and navigate to Bluetooth.
2. Now tap on the "i" situated against the device name.
3. Tap on Forget this Device and confirm.
4. Now connect your device again to the accessory.
This is a common fix and helpful in several connectivity issues.
Set Up as New iPhone/iPad
If all of the methods listed above fails to fix Bluetooth issues in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 then you have the option available to Restore and Setup as new iPhone. You can do this by restoring your device via iTunes. Through this method, your iPhone can start as a new device and possibly if the Bluetooth issue in iOS 13 is being caused by an internal error, it will be cleared.
- Turn Bluetooth on, wait a couple of seconds and then turn it on again.
- Toggle WiFi by Turn it off, wait a couple of seconds and then enable it again.
- Toggle AirPlane by enabling it in Settings or through the Control Center. Wait for a minute and then turn it back off.
- Restart Bluetooth accessory.
- Update Bluetooth device's software.
Visit the Apple Store
If none of the techniques mentioned above work for you, visit your nearest Apple Store. This will give you a full insight into whether the issue is a hardware related issue.
These are the steps that you can perform to fix Bluetooth issues in iOS 13 and iPadOS. We hope the methods work out for you. Are you experiencing Bluetooth issues in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13? Let us know in the comments.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter