How to Update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Carbon AOSP
You can now update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Carbon AOSP custom firmware. The ROM has already been released for the International SGS4 and features CyanogenMod 10.2 and Android 4.3 JB AOSP. Here are the guidelines to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Carbon custom ROM.
Note: this guide is only written for the T-Mobile variant of Samsung Galaxy S4 so please to not try it on other variants/devices.
Relevant read: don't forget to read about the best custom firmware for T-Mobile SGS4 - Carbon AOSP is one of them!
Prerequisites to update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Carbon AOSP:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu on your T-Mobile SGS4.
- Your smartphone should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your Galaxy S4.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Make sure that your device carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Carbon custom ROM:
- Connect your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 with PC using a USB cable and copy the custom ROM and GApps files on the smartphone's memory card.
- Disconnect your Galaxy S4 from computer when the copy is done and power it off.
- Reboot in recovery mode and perform Nandroid backup of your current SGS4 OS: Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and lastly wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded Carbon AOSP custom firmware file for your smartphone and confirm installation.
- Once the custom ROM is successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy S4, repeat the above step but select GApps file instead.
- When done, reboot your smartphone into the newly installed firmware. It will take the new Carbon ROM based on Android 4.3 JB a few moments to load all the goodies - so, be patient.
Ahhsome! You have successfully learned how to update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Carbon AOSP custom ROM. Don't forget to let us know how did it go for you!