How To Select / Manage Default Apps In Android Marshmallow – Android Tips & Tricks
Here's how you can better manage and select all your default apps for a specific action in Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Android has a brilliant edge over iOS and other mobile operating systems by allowing users to replace default apps with third-party ones. For instance, you can replace Chrome with Firefox to open up links, bypassing the stock option without having to fiddle much with anything. But if you want to change the default app, the process is an absolute pain, where you have to stroll through a lot of menus and options before getting the desired results. Thankfully, with the release of Android 6.0 Marshmallow, you can manage and select default apps on the fly without having to go through much trouble. The addition is an absolute wonder, and we found ourselves using it a lot on a day to day basis, and the feature is brilliantly great if you're the type of user who loves trying out new apps.
Select / Manage Default Apps In Android Marshmallow
1. Pull down the notifications shade and then tap on the 'Settings' button. Or just use the app drawer and tap on the 'Settings' app icon.
2. Over here you'll see an entry called 'Apps.' Tap to open it up.
3. On the top right hand corner, you'll see a cogwheel icon. Tap on that as well.
4. Over here you'll see an entry called 'Default Apps.' Tap to open this too.
6. Here, you'll be presented with a bunch of options pertaining to changing the default apps. Tap on an entry, and it will list you down all the options that you have. If you open the 'SMS app' option, you'll see all the apps you can utilize as default for sending / receiving messages. Make your choices and you're done.
We have to admit that Google has put a lot of spit and polish in Marshmallow to make it its best Android release to date. While it might not be a big upgrade on face value, but the under-the-hood changes really add up to make up for a mighty release.
If you have a Nexus device at hand, and also happen to have Marshmallow installed on it, then we highly recommend that you give this feature a shot right away. We're certain that it will really enhance the overall user-experience for you.
Also be sure to let us know in the comments section below what you think about this addition.