How To Hide App Store Purchases On iOS
Here’s how you can hide App Store purchases, or unhide them, on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch quickly and easily.
When you start to download apps onto your iPhone and iPad, a list of those titles is compiled in the background that sits in the ‘Purchased’ section of the App Store. The idea is to give you a glimpse of everything that you’ve downloaded before and what you own so you can re-download them on any device without having to search the App Store all over again. All is well and good until you start to realize that the list is getting bigger and more useless than ever before. In that case, you’d want to remove unwanted purchases from the list so that everything looks neat and tidy. Today, we’ll show you how to do just that, and walk you through the process of hiding App Store purchases on iOS.
Hide App Store Purchases On iOS
1. Launch iTunes on your PC or Mac. If you haven’t downloaded iTunes already, then you can do so by heading over to apple.com/itunes.
2. Make sure you’re signed in to iTunes using the same Apple ID which you use to download apps onto your iOS device.
3. Once signed in, click on the ‘Apps’ icon on the top left hand corner of iTunes.
4. At the top and center of iTunes you should see an ‘App Store’ option, click on that as well.
5. Look towards the right and there’s an entry labeled ‘Purchased’ there. Click on that too.
6. You’re now looking at ALL the apps that you own, free and paid both. Now, float your mouse pointer on the top left corner of an app icon until the pointer changes to a ‘pointing finger’ and then initiate a click using your mouse.
7. iTunes will ask you if you wish to hide this purchase. Simply click on ‘Hide.’ Do the same for the rest of the unwanted apps and games as well.
From here on in, whenever you launch the App Store on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, tap on the ‘Updates’ tab then ‘Purchased’; you will not see a single app or game which you removed from your Purchased list using the above mentioned steps.
Accidentally deleted an app or game which you didn’t want to in the first place? Then follow the steps outlined below:
1. Click on your account name at the top right hand corner of iTunes then click on ‘Account Info.’
2. Under the ‘iTunes in the Cloud’ section you should see an entry labelled ‘Hidden Purchases.’ Click on the ‘Manage’ button next to it.
3. Here you’ll see all your hidden purchases. Simply click on ‘Unhide’ at the bottom of each entry to revert your changes.