How to Flash Stock Android 4.3 JWR66V on HTC One GSM
The stock Android 4.3 JWR66V Google Play Edition ROM is now available to be flashed on the HTC One GSM smartphone. This latest Android 4.3 JWR66V was recently released for the HTC One Google Play Edition. Thanks to the XDA user for porting it to the HTC One GSM device. The ROM comes with full support for IR Blaster and OpenGL ES 3.0. Follow this tutorial to learn how to flash this GPe custom ROM on your HTC One GSM.
Prerequisites to flash stock Android 4.3 JWR66V on HTC One GSM:
- Backup any important data as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device from developer options.
- Your HTC One GSM should be having a custom recovery tool like ClockworkMod or TWRP.
- Juice up your device to at least 60% of power.
How to flash stock Android 4.3 JWR66V on HTC One GSM:
Required files: you can choose to install deodexed or odexed version of this ROM. For Odexed, download from here. To flash the deodexed Android 4.3 JWR66V ROM, click this link. Save the file on your computer.
- Connect your device with computer using a USB cable and copy the firmware file on your device' internal memory card. Disconnect your HTC One GSM from computer when the copy is done.
- Switch off your HTC One now and reboot into recovery mode.
- Next, perform Nandroid backup: go to backup > backup and restore.
- Data wiping tasks: select wipe data/ factory reset. Confirm the operation.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded stock Android 4.3 JWR66V firmware file and confirm the installation.
- Once the installation is finished, Reboot your HTC One GSM to boot into the Android 4.3 Google Play edition OS.
Awesome! You just have flashed stock Android 4.3 JWR66V ROM on HTC One GSM.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter