MIUI V5 for HTC One is based on AOSP version of the Android 4.2.2 CyanogenMod ROM. The custom ROM gives a pretty decent alternative to the stock HTC One Sense UI experience. Below are some of the features of the MIUI which can be flashed as a custom ROM on your HTC One.
- Device Settings fixed - works like in CM
- Signal strength fixed
- New base
- Latest CM build 06-Jul-2013
- Google Edition Camera added
- Titanium Backup added
Like with other custom ROMs, some bugs are expected as it isn't properly tested. But overall the performance is reported to be great.
Issues and bugs:
- NFC still needs work.
- Other CM issues still present
Prerequisites to install MIUI ROM for HTC One:
- Backup any important data as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device from developer options.
- Your HTC One should be having a recovery tool like ClockworkMod or TWRP.
- Juice up your device to at least 60% of power.
How to flash MIUI ROM for HTC One:
Required files: download the AOSP based beautiful MIUI ROM. Save it on computer. Also download GApps from here.
- Connect your HTC with computer using a USB cable and copy the firmware file and GApps on your device' SD card. Disconnect your HTC One when the copy is done.
- Switch off your smartphone now and reboot into recovery mode.
- Nandroid backup: go to backup > backup and restore.
- Now wiping tasks: select wipe and then press Factory Reset. Confirm it.
- Return to the main screen and press Install and locate the downloaded MIUI firmware file.
- Confirm the installation by swiping the button shown at the bottom of the screen.
- Once installation is done, repeat the step for installing GApps package.
- When finished, Reboot and then press System option to restart your phone into normal mode.
Enjoy the pretty MIUI v5 on your HTC One.