How to Find Stolen Android Phone’s IMEI – Locate Lost Phones
All the mobile phones have an International Mobile Station Equipment Identity (IMEI) number which is unique for each single device. No other mobile phone in the world would share the IMEI number with anyone else. The IMEI number helps detect the current location and also the region of the smartphone.
If you own an Android smartphone and have lost it, you can choose to block it with the help of an IMEI number. By simply contacting your service provider, you can get your stolen phone blocked and hence, protecting your privacy. IMEI is valid for GSM, UMTS and LTE mobile networks. IMEI number can checked from the following four places:
- Purchase bill: it has IMEI printed on it.
- The box of your mobile phone: IMEI would be printed on it too.
- Under your mobile phone’s battery: an sticker would be printed with your phone’s IMEI.
- And your device itself: *#06# will show the IMEI on any mobile phone.
But what to do when you get in a situation where you lose your Android device and have no longer the access to any of these things mentioned above? Not a big hassle, here is some easy solution which would help you recover your phone’s IMEI and perhaps would help you locate it too.
How to find stolen Android phone’s IMEI:
We would be needed to sign in to the Google account as it is required for every other task on Android. With the help of Google Dashboard we would locate the IMEI number of our stolen/lost Android mobile phone.
- Go to Google Dashboard and sign in with the same Google account that you had entered in your lost Android device – important.
- Click on the Android section and you will see a list of all your Android mobile phones that are connected with this account.
- From that list then, you can easily check your device’s IMEI and some other basic details like last activity and the registered date.
This is the way you can get your IMEI number if you ever lose your Android smartphone. Happy locating your phone!