Fortnite Unleashes the Gun Fu with a John Wick Limited-Time Mode
Epic has been teasing it for a while, and now Fortnite’s John Wick limited-time mode is officially live. The new mode, entitled Wick’s Bounty, rewards players with the iconic gold tokens from the movies when they take out other bounty hunters. Of course, this update also comes with a variety of John Wick cosmetics as well. Check out a teaser trailer and a quick rundown of the Wick update, below.
The High Table has opened a new contract. It’s up to you to collect the bounty. Stay alive and collect gold tokens by eliminating the other bounty hunters. The first one to fulfill the order wins, but be careful how far ahead you get, as you will become a target for everyone else.
Pop into the Wick’s Bounty LTM now and complete challenges to earn free rewards including the Gold Token Back Bling, One Shot Glider, Boogeyman Wrap, and bonus XP before the event ends. While you’re at it, drop by the shop and get the John Wick Set, which includes the John Wick Outfit along with the Simple Sledge Pickaxe.
Here’s a more detailed description of the Wick’s Bounty mode:
Wick’s Bounty LTM Details
- Eliminating a player awards one gold coin for every elimination they have + however many bounty points the target had.
- Top three coin leaders are displayed on a HUD scoreboard (Bounty Leaders).
- Coin leaders have a gold/silver/bronze #1/2/3 icon over their heads
- Coin leaders can be seen on the map/compass when they are nearby and moving or shooting.
- Coin leaders can be seen by everyone on map/compass when they are moving or shooting.
- Coin leaders will have a gold/silver/bronze glow around them
Fortnite is available on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices. John Wick: Chapter 3 — Parabellum hits theaters on May 17. An original Wick strategy game, John Wick Hex, is also scheduled to drop sometime this year.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter