Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers’ First Big Update Includes a NieR: Automata Crossover
Final Fantasy XIV recently launched it’s Shadowbringers expansion to much acclaim (including a 9.3 out of 10 review from Wccftech’s own Kai Powell), and now Square Enix is preparing their first big Shadowbringers update, entitled Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty. This free update will include the next chapter in the main Final Fantasy XIV scenario, a new dungeon, a New Game+ mode, and more, but the big headline news is that Final Fantasy XIV will be crossing over with NieR: Automata.
The NieR: Automata content will come in the form of a new 24-player Alliance raid, which will be part of a series of FFXIV/NieR crossover raids, entitled YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse. We don’t have any gameplay footage of the raid yet, but Square Enix has released a quick preview of the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse soundtrack.
Here’s a full rundown of everything included in Final Fantasy XIV patch 5.1:
- New Main Scenario Quests - Patch 5.1 introduces the next chapter in the exhilarating Shadowbringers main storyline.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid: “The Copied Factory” - Guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO bring together FINAL FANTASY and NieR in the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid series.
- Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard - This crafter- and gatherer-focused content encourages players to work together to build the Firmament in Ishgard. The new content is accompanied by extensive system adjustments and updates for crafting and gathering classes.
- New Game+ - Replay previously completed quests while retaining one's current progression and job level.
- New Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” - Players can tackle this new dungeon alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Extreme Trial - Players will be able to challenge a new extreme difficulty trial.
- New Beast Tribe Quests - The Pixies
- PvP Updates - Substantial changes will be made to PvP actions, alongside the introduction of a new Frontline map and ruleset.
- Blue Mage Job Updates - The first major update to this limited job will feature an increased level cap, new job quests, as well as new blue mage-specific battle challenges and content.
- Performance Action Updates - The addition of an ensemble feature will allow groups of players to create music together.
- Patch 5.1 will also feature job adjustments, Gold Saucer updates, system updates, and more
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers is available now on PC and PS4 at a price of $40. Update 5.1 will be available for free sometime in October.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter