Fallout 76 “Wild Appalachia” Update Drops Today, Adds New Quests, Brewing, and More
The embattled Fallout 76 continues to have more than its share of issues, but Bethesda is still surging ahead with the game’s first major content infusion, Wild Appalachia. The update was originally supposed to arrive yesterday, but it was delayed slightly. The update includes new quests, CAMP improvements, the ability to brew alcohol, and the quirky Fasnacht Parade event. Check out a trailer for the new content, below.
Here’s a full rundown of all the stuff included in the Wild Appalachia update:
- New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
- New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
- New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
- New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
- New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
- New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
- New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
A hefty patch is launching alongside the Wild Appalachia update. Patch 7 includes a variety of weapon balance changes, changes to the CAMP interface, a much-demanded player reporting system, and, of course, a ton of bug fixes and minor tweaks. You can get the full patch notes, right here.
Fallout 76 is available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. The new update can be downloaded now. You can get more info about content coming to Fallout 76 here.