The Evil Within 2 Gets Beautiful “Survive” Gameplay Trailer
A new gameplay trailer for the upcoming Evil Within 2 has been released which focuses on the mantra of the game’s main protagonist.
Entitled “Survive”, the gameplay trailer shows how Sebastian Castellanos is struggling with memories of the past. Check out the brand-new trailer below.
How will you survive in The Evil Within 2? That’s the mantra running through Sebastian Castellanos’ mind. Plagued by memories of the daughter he couldn’t save and a mystery he could never solve, he begins to lose himself in his past mistakes. Sebastian lives out his nightmares every day, unable to pull himself from his downward spiral. Until an old friend-turned-traitor reenters his life with an offer: Return to the nightmare and save your daughter. The Evil Within 2 gives a broken man the chance to make things right and find the peace he so deserves, but he’ll have to go through hell first.
The sequel to Bethesda’s Evil Within from 2014 was officially announced during last year’s E3 event. Down below you’ll find some of the game’s key features:
STORY: Detective Sebastian Castellanos has lost everything, including his daughter, Lily. To save her, he is forced to partner with Mobius, the shadowy organization responsible for the destruction of Sebastian’s former life. Sebastian must descend into one of their terrible creations, the disturbing world of Union. Horrifying threats emerge from every corner, and he must rely on his wits to survive. For his last chance at redemption, the only way out is in.
- STORY OF REDEMPTION. Sebastian must descend into the nightmare to win back his life and family.
- DISCOVER HORRIFYING DOMAINS. Explore as far or quickly as you dare through a world where nothing is quite what it seems, though be sure to prepare wisely.
- CHOOSE HOW TO SURVIVE. Attack from the shadows with the crossbow, run like hell, or go in guns blazing with very limited ammo.
- FACE DISTRUBING ENEMIES. Survive encounters with sadistic enemies and meet characters who may lead – or mislead – you on your path to redemption.
- VISCERAL HORROR AND SUSPENSE. Enter a twisted world filled with anxiety-inducing thrills and disturbing horrors around every corner.
The Evil Within 2 is scheduled for a release on PC, PlayStation and Xbox One later this year on October 13. As covered earlier this week, the game will run in 4K on Microsoft’s upcoming Xbox One X as an “Xbox One X Enhanced” title. The same applies to Bethesda’s Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.