Escape from Tarkov Gets 28 Minute Long New Gameplay Video & Closed Alpha Date
Battlestate Games, the Russian developer of Escape from Tarkov, announced yesterday that the Closed Alpha will officially begin on August 4. You can still sign up for a chance to be selected on the official website.
The team also shared a 28 minute long new gameplay video, which we have embedded below. In case you didn’t catch our previous posts on Escape from Tarkov, here’s a recap on what exactly you can expect from this game.
Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and story-driven walkthrough.
With each passing day the situation in the Norvinsk region grows more and more complicated. Incessant warfare in Tarkov has sparked massive panic; local population has fled the city, but those who stayed are looking to improve their fortunes at the expense of others. Having accepted the new reality, “savage” Tarkov locals – Scavs flocked into well-armed gangs and started the redivision of the city. Nowadays, Tarkov is separated by unseen borders, controlled by different groups. Gain-greedy gunmen would go to any length to have their way, including the murder of civilians and direct confrontation with the two private military companies.
The players will have to experience living in the skin of one of the mercenaries who survived the initial stage of the Tarkov conflict. After choosing one of the sides – USEC or BEAR – the player’s character starts to make his way out of the city. Tarkov is sealed off by UN and Russian military, supply chains are cut, communication with operational command is lost, and in these conditions everyone has to make his own choices of what to do and how to get out of the chaos-ridden metropolis.
The time has come.
- Story-driven scenario based walkthrough as one of the multiplayer gamemodes. Complete raids on large scale locations with your friends or alone.
- Explore many of the unique and authentic locations of Tarkov city and it’s suburbs: citizen blocks, chemical plant area, AA military base, the heart of Tarkov city, private living zone and others in realtime weather conditions and time of day changes.
- Discover concealed locations – reserved facilities and stocks, sealed TerraGroup offices and underground warehouses.
- Find useful information and items which will help to understand what is going on in the city.
- Cooperate with ex-enemies, change the priorities to unfold the mysteries and escape from Tarkov alive.
Live through immersive combat experience.
- Behold the system module HECS – Hazardous Environment Combat Simulator.
- Feel your character via health and physical characteristics, including hydration, energy, blood pressure, bloodloss, fractures, contusion, toxication, exhaustion, tremors and so on.
- Control your character freely – smooth speed and stance changes and transitions, leaning and proning.
- Be aware of real-life ballistics and projectile hit physics.
- Get ready to feel the weapon as it is in real life. Get used to physical concepts of weapon operating – jamming, overheating, wearout, reloading, aiming, charging and, of course, shooting.
- Discover the most advanced weapon modding system ever. Change everything you want to expand your weapon’s tactical abilities.
- Interact with the environment to gain situational domination – switch lights, commence tactical entry with door interaction system.
Stay alive and pay attention.
- If you die, you’ll lose everything you took and found in a raid. Organize your backup inventory kits, use secured containers and insurance.
- Treat yourself, your gear and weapons properly. Apply the large variety of medicines to stay alive and focused. Repair your armor, firearms and cold steel. Purify water and sort out your food rations.
- Manage your inventory in a classic slot-based way. Organize and modify your chest rig like a real professional.
- Utilize special equipment like NVGs, radio headsets, ballistic vests and helmets.
- Loot fallen enemies and containers to get a vast variety of items to use and barter.
- Get experienced – earn points and level up. Near 100 unique skills to train via a repetitive actions principle.
- Cooperate with strangers or get shot by your friend in the back – there are no rules.
Beware of Scavs.
- The louder your scream – the faster they come. Get your trigger finger ready.
- Confront AI driven civilian savage scavengers (or Scavs) and play as a Scav with pre-set random gear, weapon and health condition.
- No need to worry about death – you will not lose anything from your main character.
- Get out alive while playing Scav and transfer his loot to your main character stash.
Fit in and get settled.
- Experience a large amount of non-combat activities.
- Communicate and trade with NPC merchants, gain their trust to get special goods and quests.
- Adapt to the economy, which changes in real time according to other players’ operations and events, controlled by AI.
- Sell your loot in rag fairs and auctions.
- Become a trader with your own store, runners and specials.
- Work with your stash, heal your character, repair and modify weapons, examine items, chat to learn news and gossip.
- Establish your own combat group with unique abilities.