The PlayStation 4 Pro/Elite third party controller catalog just got bigger. EMiO's slick looking PlayStation 4 controller releases later this week and it's compatible with Xbox Elite Controller accessories.
A couple of officially licensed Playstation 4 controllers were announced last week with a focus on e-Sports by Razer and Nacon. The EMiO Elite controller seems more focused for the hardcore gamer with having completely customizable thumbsticks and paddles. It's also wireless compared to its e-sports counterpart.
Here's a list of the features for the EMiO Elite Controller according to the Amazon product listing:
- Customizable D-Pad, Joysticks, Rear Paddles, Joystick grips Trigger locks to pull halfway or full range rapid fire.
- Interchangeable thumb sticks and grips 2 pairs of colored joystick grips included PS4 Elite Controller are compatible with Xbox Elite Controller accessories
- Interchangeable Rear Control Paddles Interchangeable D-Pad and Directional Disc Silicon back grip material
- Rechargeable charging with micro USB cable (included) Included USB dongle connects to your PS4 console and pairs controller automatically
- Customizable trigger locks for LT and RT buttons. When locked, button only pushes halfway for faster shooting, saving valuable time with each trigger pull. Easily switch back to full trigger motion.
I'm curious to see how that trigger lock feels for the LT and RT buttons and see if they have any significant impact its has on gameplay for a first person shooter. EMiO's other gaming products include licensed Capcom Megaman headphones and hoverboards, in case you're looking for some holiday gifts.
EMiO Elite Controller for the Playstation 4 will release on November 10th for $79.99. This should offer a decent alternative for anyone who isn't happy with the standard DualShock 4 controller or just wants to swap out the d-pad and or joysticks with something they like.
What are your thoughts on EMiO's Elite controller? Is the DualShock 4 just fine or perhaps you need something better?