Thus far, much of what we’ve seen and heard about Dying Light 2: Stay Human has focused on the game’s world, characters, and other new mechanics, but today Techland opted to focus strictly on the game’s zombies (or “monsters” as they insist on calling them). A new Dying Light 2 gameplay trailer shows a tense tour through an overrun hospital, during which the player encounters all manner of different monsters, including sound-sensitive “Sleeping Beauties,” gross puss-oozing beasties, and more powerful zombie variants like the Demolisher and Volatile. Check it out below.
If you’d like to know more about how Techland went about creating their latest monstrosities, you can watch Dying 2 Know Episode 2, below.
Haven’t been keeping up with Dying Light 2? Here’s the game’s official description:
Over twenty years ago in Harran, we fought the virus -- and lost. Now, we’re losing again. The City, one of the last large human settlements, is torn by conflict. Civilization has fallen back into the Dark Ages. And yet, we still have hope. You are a wanderer with the power to change the fate of The City. But your exceptional abilities come at a price. Haunted by memories you cannot decipher, you set out to learn the truth… and find yourself in a combat zone. Hone your skills, as you’ll need both fists and wits. Unravel the dark secrets behind the wielders of power, choose sides and decide your destiny. But wherever your actions take you, there's one thing you can never forget -- stay human
- Vast open world - Participate in the life of a city engulfed in a new dark era. Discover different paths and hidden passages, as you explore its multiple levels and locations.
- Choices and consequences - Shape the future of The City with your actions and watch how it changes. Determine the balance of power by making choices in a growing conflict and forge your own experience.
- Day and Night cycle - Wait for night to venture into dark hideouts of the Infected. Sunlight keeps them at bay, but once it’s gone, monsters begin the hunt, leaving their lairs free to explore.
- Creative and brutal combat - Take advantage of your parkour skills to tip the scales of even the most brutal encounter. Clever thinking, traps and creative weapons will be your best friends.
- 2-4 player co-op gameplay - Play in up to four-player co-op. Host your own games or join others and see how their choices have played out differently than yours.
Dying Light 2: Stay Human shambles onto PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and PS5 on December 7.