Dying Light 2’s Closed-Doors E3 Demo Footage Finally Released in Stunning 4K
Dying Light 2’s E3 2019 demo footage, previously only shown to journalists (including Wccftech) behind closed doors, is now available to watch on YouTube. And you’re definitely going to want to watch it, as it was one of the most impressive things I witnessed at E3 – as a bonus, you can watch the footage in full 4K resolution (the demo I saw was only 1440p).
The Dying Light 2 demo really shows off the game’s player-choice driven story (overseen by Fallout and Baldur’s Gate veteran Chris Avellone). The demo kicks off in a crowded bar where the game's protagonist Aiden receives a mission to infiltrate the Castle, a water plant that has been turned into a fortress/medieval fiefdom by a local warlord known as the Colonel. Easy enough, but once you get to the Castle you find it to be a surprisingly civilized place – so, should you destroy this community in order to turn the water pumps on, or would it be better to side with the Colonel? The footage also shows off the game’s impressive RTX-infused visuals, a lengthy parkour segment, and a terrifying Zombie-infested Dark Area. You can check out it all out, below.
Impressive stuff, no? Need to know more about Dying Light 2? You can check out my recent interview with the game’s developers, in which we discuss the game’s ambitious approach to player choice, badass music, and much more. Here’s a rundown of the game’s key features:
- Your Choices, Your World: You must make tough decisions and hard sacrifices as you decide the fate of a society on the brink of collapse. The effect of the choices you make will have a huge impact on entire regions of the city, uncovering new land masses and areas to explore.
- Exceptional Agility and Brutal Combat: On your journey from humble beginnings to a person of great power, you have unprecedented freedom of movement across the city, seamlessly integrated with brutal first-person combat.
- A Modern Dark Age: In a desperate city, where resources and power are scarce, unstable, and trust in ruling bodies is all but eroded; humankind has reverted to a dark age. Civilization is gone but the relics are still there. This is a violent, primal & unforgiving world – and so are its inhabitants.
- The Infection Has Evolved: The infection has evolved and become more sensitive to UV light. Society exists in the relative safety of sunlight, while the infected hide in the shadows of buildings. At night the infected roam the streets freely searching for prey, presenting opportunities for you to explore areas of the city inaccessible by day.
- 2 – 4 Player Co-Op Gameplay: Play the entire campaign in up to four-player co-op. Host your own games or join other players’ and see how their choices have played out differently to your own and how they have shaped their world differently to yours.
Dying Light 2 hits PC, Xbox One, and PS4 in the first half of 2020.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter