It's your lucky day, as new updates for Apple Watch and Apple TV 4 have been released in the form of watchOS 3.2.2 and tvOS 10.2.1.
Update to watchOS 3.2.2 & tvOS 10.2.1 Right Away for Bug Fixes
watchOS 3.2.2 and tvOS 10.2.1 are extremely minor updates for both the Apple Watch and Apple TV 4. In case you are wondering what the wearable firmware brings with it, then you can check out the screenshot below.
Now, in order to update your Apple Watch, you have no other option than the over the air method. It's easy to follow through, and barely takes a few minutes if you are patient enough. Follow the steps to get started.
- Place your Apple Watch on its magnetic charger otherwise the process won't move forward.
- On your iPhone, navigate to Watch > General > Software Update.
- As soon as the new update shows up, tap on the Download and Install button.
Oddly enough, the entire installation will take a good few minutes before it is complete. So during that time, do not tinker around with your iPhone nor your Apple Watch. Things will move more smoothly if you don't interfere with proceedings at all.
In order to update the software on your Apple TV 4, follow the steps outlined below.
- Turn on your Apple TV 4.
- Using your Siri Remote, select the Settings app from the home screen and open it.
- Now select System from the list of available options.
- Open Software Updates and install the latest update that is available here.
If you wish to perform a clean install of tvOS 10.2.1 on your Apple TV 4, then you can do that as well. All you need is a USB-C to USB-A or USB-C to USB-C cable to plug into the Apple TV 4 and your computer. Launch iTunes, and restore from there. Just download the firmware file from the link below before proceeding.
Once the installation is complete, use your device as your normally would. There's nothing more to it at all.
It's great to see Apple constantly working in the background to ensure that its software is update to date at all times. But that's not all, latest software updates are delivered to every user the world over at the exact same time.
We will keep our readers updated if there are more software releases in the days to come.