Download tvOS 11 Beta – Guide to Install on Apple TV 4
Here's how you can download tvOS 11 Beta, and install it on your Apple TV 4 in a few easy steps.
Download tvOS 11 Beta Today and Experience Apple's Upcoming Software for the Apple TV 4
Apple didn't even talk about tvOS 11 on stage and yet we are seeing a trace of it. We are now at the part of the day where Apple has went ahead and released the first ever beta of the software to developers. This means you can install the first tvOS 11 Beta on your Apple TV 4 if you have an Apple Developer Program membership at hand.
The installation process is quite simple, and comes attached with the same requirements when you're about to install iOS 11 Beta. Meaning you have to register your Apple TV 4's UDID with Apple, download the firmware to restore using iTunes or just grab the update over the air if you so wish. So, let's dive into the proceedings with the registration of the UDID itself.
Register Apple TV UDID with Apple
1. Connect your Apple TV 4 with your PC or Mac using a USB-C to USB-A or USB-C to USB-C cable.
2. Once connected, launch iTunes and select your Apple TV from the top left hand corner.
3. Now click on Serial Number until you see the UDID entry. Once you do, right-click on it and then click on Copy.
4. Open the following link in your Web browser: developer.apple.com and then sign in by clicking on the Account tab at the top.
5. Now click on Certificates, IDs & Profiles, then click on Apple TV under the Devices section on the left.
6. Click on manually register devices, then fill in the required fields, ultimately clicking on the Continue button at the bottom.
That's it, you're done. Your Apple TV 4 is all set to download tvOS 11 Beta.
Download tvOS 11 Beta on Apple TV 4
1. Click on the Discover tab at the top of the Apple Developer Program website.
2. Now click on tvOS then click on the blue Download button at the top right hand corner.
3. Download tvOS 11 Beta IPSW file.
4. Launch iTunes with your Apple TV 4 connected to your computer, then select your device from the top left hand corner. Then click on the Restore Apple TV button by holding down the left Option key on your Mac.
5. Select the downloaded IPSW file and wait for iTunes to refresh everything up.
Download the tvOS 11 Beta Over the Air (Preferred Method)
You can skip through all the trouble by downloading the beta over the air. Just go to developer.apple.com/tvos/ from your Web browser, select the Download button on the top right hand corner. Scroll down and install the configuration profile on your Apple TV 4 by clicking on the Download button next the Preferred option.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter