Download Android P Developer Preview 1 for Google Pixel Phones – Direct Download Links & Quick Features-List
Google released Android P Developer Preview 1 earlier today with a number of exciting features, including some around the infamous notch… Currently only intended for developers, you can now download Android P developer preview 1 for your Google Pixel phones and start testing this upcoming version of the world’s most used operating system. So far, the factory images are only live for Pixel devices, and it’s likely that they won’t be made available for our beloved Nexus phones or the Pixel C. However, we will keep you updated if that changes.
Some of the most exciting Android P DP1 features include:
- Screenshot shortcut in Power menu
- Quick Settings gets a visual redesign
- Settings menu gets some colors
- Clock makes some moves for notch-phones
- Volume Slider goes to the right side
- Simplified Do Not Disturb mode
- Vertical swiping transitions
- Background app privacy: restricts microphone, camera, and sensor access for idle apps
- Settings shortcut on PiP windows
- Power efficiency
Download Android P developer preview 1 for Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL
Google’s Android P brings a slew of new features and exciting improvements. If you have access to Google’s Pixel, Pixel XL, or Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, you can begin the testing process. The list of features is so long that we might have to spend the next few days on talking about them. But, for starters do have a look at our earlier post on some of the most exciting features of Android P Developer Preview 1.
Do note that the next DP is expected some time around May, so you have quite a few weeks to go through all these amazing new features.
Can’t wait? Download Android P Developer Preview 1 and flash the upcoming version of Android to start tasting whatever new sweets it’s going to bring into your life (warning! the Quick Settings pull down may look a little like iOS…)
- Download factory image for Pixel 2 XL (taimen): Direct download Developer Preview 1
- Download Android P Developer Preview 1 factory image for Pixel 2 (walleye): Developer Preview 1
- Download Android P DP1 for Pixel XL (marlin): Download Developer Preview 1
- Download Android P DP1 for Pixel (sailfish): Developer Preview 1
In total, Google is planning to release five previews – not four like the last year. Final release in expected in Q3, 2018