Downgrade iOS 9.2 To iOS 9.1 – How To Guide
Here's a complete tutorial on how you can downgrade iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1 running on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
Apple released iOS 9.2 download a while back, and we're quite certain that the update won't cut the mustard for everyone out there. Hence, if you've updated to the latest mobile firmware by mistake and want to revert back to iOS 9.1, then will show you how to downgrade straight away.
Be warned - there's a high chance that Apple will stop signing iOS 9.1 so make your move fast in terms of downgrading!
Downgrade iOS 9.2 To iOS 9.1
Downgrading will erase everything off your device, so be sure to back everything up before proceeding with the process: How To Backup iPhone, iPad Using iCloud, iTunes.
1. Download the iOS 9.1 firmware file for your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch from this link. Be sure to download the right one otherwise the downgrade process will fail instantly.
2. Download and install iTunes onto your computer by heading over to: apple.com/itunes
3. Launch iTunes and connect your iOS device to your PC or Mac using a USB cable.
4. Select your device from the top left hand corner of iTunes.
5. Click on the 'Restore iPhone' button by holding down the left 'SHIFT' key (Windows) or the left 'Option' key (Mac).
6. Select the IPSW firmware file you downloaded in step 1 and let iTunes downgrade your device.
The downgrade process will take a while, depending on the speed of your Internet connection for verification of the IPSW file, and of course, the age of your device. But in a few short minutes, you'll boot straight into iOS 9.1.
Although we highly recommend that you keep yourself on iOS 9.2 for obvious reasons, but we're certain some users would want to hold themselves back. While we won't challenge your decision, but we will definitely go to make a statement that latest software releases are the way to go in terms of security and feature additions, and of course, performance enhancements. It's entirely your call whether or not you want to reap the benefits of the latest update or not.
If you've changed your mind and want to do a clean restore of iOS 9.2 on your device, then be sure to check out: How To Download / Install iOS 9, 9.2 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch The Right Way.
If you decided to downgrade from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1, then do not forget to let us know about it in the comments section below along with the reason why you did so.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter