A few weeks back, Bethesda and id Software confirmed that DOOM, the new entry of the popular first person series, was going to get a big update sometime this month. A precise release date had yet to be confirmed, but today we have finally learned precisely when fans of the game will be able to enjoy some brand new features.
Earlier today, it's been confirmed that the new DOOM update will be released on all formats later this week, on June 30th. The update will download automatically for Xbox One and Steam users, with PlayStation 4 users having the ability to download it manually or just enable automatic updates to download it automatically.
Full notes have also been released, and you can find them right below.
* Added Classic DOOM weapon placement/view model option (all modes)
* Added Photo Mode (You’ll find the new Photo Mode toggle in the game settings. It is available through the pause menu once you are loaded into a map via Mission Select)
* Updated weapon balance (live as of June 10, 2016)
* Clan Arena and Freeze Tag now require the winning team to complete 5 rounds in order to win the match. (live as of June 10, 2016)
* Customization UI has been implemented to show all possible unlocks
* Cross Style option has been added to settings for MP.
* Added Original Author to the map info page
* Added a timeout for AFK in Lobby
* Added a property to allow map authors to choose if SnapMap will auto-manage (hide/show) hand-placed AI
* Added Enable/Disable to Shootable Trigger
* Added Sky/Window props
* Added an auto-rollback to previous version for corrupted maps
* Improved sorting algorithms for Most Popular map searches
* Fixed Steam Friends’ Ultra-Nightmare Helmets not populating the map
* Fixed freeze when opening weapon wheel at more than 142 FPS (PC)
* Fixed quit to desktop when clicking campaign after initiating Dev Mode (PC)
* Fixed “IDKFA” Trophy/Achievement not properly unlocking (all versions)
* Fixed PS4 crash when reloading checkpoint in Foundry
* Fixed some occurrences of the “Every Nook and Cranny” Trophy not unlocking after collecting all Doomguys (PS4)
* Fixed an issue where the game required Internet access (Xbox One)
* Fixed crash while experiencing server connection issues (PS4)
* Fixed crash when a client suspends the game while a lobby loads into a match (PS4)
* Various cosmetic and gameplay fixes
* Matchmaking improvements
* Fix for restrictive NAT types being chosen as dedicated server lobby host
* Fix for larger lobbies having longer matchmaking times
* Fix for Player getting left behind if they join a friend as the lobby countdown finishes
* Bug and stability fixes
* Fixed Asian language font issues
* Fixed AI pathing error with certain types of props
* Fixed error where multiple maps share the same Map ID
* Various map error fixes
* Various logic fixes
* Various stability fixes
* Fixed Dev Mode incorrectly triggering when the user retrieves their own save data from Steam Cloud
DOOM is now available in all regions on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.