Download Android Marshmallow February Security Update – Factory Images
Keeping up to its promises of releasing monthly Android security patches, Google has now rolled out the latest firmware updates for Nexus devices.
Android 6.0.1 February security updates:
Nexus users can now download the latest Android 6.0.1 factory images on their devices. The factory images have gone live on Google Developer's website and you too will soon receive over the air notifications to update your Nexus devices to this firmware. If you have any of the following devices, you can be sure to receive the latest security updates on your Nexus:
If you can't wait for the notifications, you can download the factory images from this link. Depending on your device, you are looking for build number MMB29Q, MMB29U or MMB29R. This month's firmware update doesn't bring any major features as its focus remains on fixing the bugs, improving security and enhancing the overall performance and stability of the operating system.
Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q, MMB29U, MMB29R direct download links:
Following are the direct download links of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for the Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9, and Nexus Player.
- Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow MMB29Q for Nexus 6P: angler-mmb29q-factory-239acdde.tgz
- Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow MMB29Q for Nexus 5X: bullhead-mmb29q-factory-197bd207.tgz
- Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow MMB29Q for Nexus 5: hammerhead-mmb29q-factory-6356d31e.tgz
- Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow MMB29Q for Nexus 6: shamu-mmb29q-factory-3bbc7e8b.tgz
- Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow MMB29Q for Nexus 7 (2013): razor-mmb29q-factory-0fe7279d.tgz
- Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow MMB29R for Nexus 9: volantis-mmb29r-factory-da3f2532.tgz
- Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow MMB29U for Nexus Player: fugu-mmb29u-factory-7ce497cb.tgz
If you aren't sure about how to install the Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q, MMB29U or MMB29R on your Nexus devices, here is the complete installation guide to update and root latest Android update on Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, 7 (2013), and Nexus 9. It is, however, recommended to wait for official notification if you aren't aware of the flashing procedure.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter