Install CM13 Android 6.0.1 Custom ROM on Nexus 5X – How to
LG's Nexus 5X has already received Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware officially, being one of the latest Nexus devices. If you have been looking for a custom ROM for Nexus 5X, we know how hard that search would have been considering there still aren't enough options out there. Making up for the delay, one of the most popular ROM from team CyanogenMod is now available for the smartphone. You heard that right. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based CM13 Nightly custom ROM can now be installed on LG Nexus 5X in all its customizable glory. The ROM brings the usual and most wanted features and tweaks along with performance improvements to the device.
Follow this guide to flash CM13 Nightly Android 6.0.1 custom ROM for Nexus 5X and enjoy the perks and features of the most beloved custom firmware.
Flash CM13 custom ROM for Nexus 5X:
- Download and install USB drivers for LG Nexus 5X in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 5X should be rooted: follow this guide to root Nexus 5X and install custom recovery.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5X carries more than 70% of charge.
CM13 Nightly custom ROM for for Nexus 5X:
- Connect your LG Nexus 5X to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 5X and power it off.
- Now boot it in to the CMW recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the CM13 Android 6.0.1 file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
First boot takes a little while so please don't get alarmed. Enjoy the wonders that CM13 Marshmallow brings to your device.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter