Diablo 2 Resurrected Receives Plenty of New Screenshots Ahead of Today’s Technical Alpha
A set of brand-new Diablo 2 Resurrected screenshots has surfaced ahead of the start of the game’s technical alpha later today.
Courtesy of Purediablo.com, these new screenshots show off the enhanced lighting and skill effects from the upcoming remaster. Alongside these new screenshots, a fact shared was shared for the alpha, revealing that testers will be able to fully explore the game’s first two acts without a level cap.
The technical alpha will focus on the game’s single-player mode with three classes being available, including the Barbarian, the Amazon, and Sorceress. We’ve included the screenshots and fact sheet down below.
Diablo 2 Resurrected Technical Alpha Fact Sheet
- Explore the first two acts of Diablo II in full – Navigate perilous areas of eastern Khanduras, from the Rogue Encampment to the Monastery, and then head East to walk the sands of sunlit LutGholein.
- Try out three beloved characters – Crush demons in fierce melee combat as the Barbarian, slay your enemies from afar as the Amazon, or master deadly spells as the Sorceress.
- No level cap – Power up and upgrade your characters as much as you want until the end of the Technical Alpha.Note that progress will not be carried over to future tests or the final game.
- Test the single-player experience – While multiplayer will be a huge part of Diablo II: Resurrectedupon release, we are focusing on testing solo play during this Technical Alpha
- Play with mouse and keyboard or a controller– Diablo II: Resurrected will allow you to control the game the way you want it, and we will be testing both input methods in the Technical Alpha.
- Sanctuary needs your help urgently –Diablo II: ResurrectedTechnical Alpha will be running from 10a.m. Pacific Time on April 8(Early Access) through 10a.m. PT on April 12.
- International availability– Technical Alpha will be available in most regions to a limited number of participants.
- Internet connection required for testing only– To ensure security of the Technical Alpha, a constant online connection will be required during play. (A constant Internet connection will not be required for the final version of the game.)
- Available for pre-purchase on Windows PC— The Diablo Prime Evil Collection includes Diablo II: Resurrected, Diablo® III, the Reaper of Souls™ expansion, the Rise of the Necromancer pack, and exclusive cosmetic items.
- This is only the first Technical Alpha— Signups are open at Diablo2.com to participate in future tests, including the Multiplayer test coming later this year.
- *4K resolution and 7.1 Dolby Surround require platforms and equipment that support those features.
- English language-only for the Technical Alpha– When released, Diablo II: Resurrected will be localized in more than a dozen languages including English, French, Italian, German, European Spanish, Korean, Polish, traditional Chinese, Mexican Spanish, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian. Additional supported languages to be announced later.
- Stream and capture all the footage you want – As soon as you begin playing theDiablo II: ResurrectedSingle-player Technical Alpha (during Early Access or later), you are free to livestream, capture, and publish gameplay footage, or take and publish as many screenshots as you like from anywhere in the game.
- Explore the Sanctuary of players’ nightmares, now in stunning 4K resolution.*
- Diablo II: Resurrectedwill feature all 27 minutes of cinematics that have been remade, shot-for-shot, from the ground up. These are still a work-in-progress, and the Technical Alpha will include the original Diablo IIcinematics as placeholders.
- Original 2D sprite-based models are reborn with full 3D physically-based rendering. Upgraded visuals also include new animations, dynamic lighting, new textures, and updated visual effects.
- Remastered graphics and the more nostalgic “original” experience can be toggled back-and-forth with the press of a button.
- Audio remastered in Dolby Surround 7.1 sound.
- Genre-defining Diablo gameplay featuring robust RPG character progression, incredibly deep itemization, and visceral hack-and-slash combat.
- Let us know what you think– Everything you will see in the Diablo II: ResurrectedSingle-player Technical Alpha, including visuals, audio effects, user interface, in-game systems, and more, is not final and should be considered a work-in-progress.
Diablo 2 Resurrected Technical Alpha will run from 10 a.m. Pacific Time on April 8(Early Access) through 10 a.m. PT on April 12.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter