Corsair Launches The Carbide SPEC-ALPHA Case – For Gaming PCs
Computer cases without 5.25” drive bays seem to be all the rage these days and the Corsair Spec Alpha is no different. Originally shown off at CES 2016 the Corsair Carbide SPEC-ALPHA has now been released to the marked at an MSRP of $79.99USD and carries a 2 year warranty.
- Bold Exterior Design with LED fans: You’ll never mistake it for anything else – the asymmetrical, hard-edged design of the SPEC-ALPHA and its numerous color combinations give it a bold, unique look, and the front LED fans can be viewed through the front air intakes for a glimpse of the performance within.
- Direct airflow path to keep your CPU and GPU running cooler: Modern systems don’t need tons of drive cages in the airflow path. By removing the 5.25” drive cage, the SPEC-ALPHA has a direct path from the front intake to the two hottest components – your CPU and GPU, which can result in better, more efficient cooling.
- Large side panel window to show off your hardware:Why hide it? All that performance hardware you built your rig with is looks great, so why not take a look at it through the huge side panel window?
- Three included 120mm fans and built-in three-speed fan controller: Two front LED fans and a rear fan provide excellent airflow, and the built-in fan controller lets you decide exactly how much cooling you need with the flick of a switch.
- Cable routing cutouts and tie downs:Nobody wants to see a rat’s nest of cables, so the SPEC-ALPHA has cutouts and tie-downs behind the motherboard tray to keep your cable routing neat and tidy – and out of the airflow path for better cooling.
- Easy to Build: Tool-free drive installation and side panel removal mean you can spend less time building your PC and more time gaming with it.
- Front 240mm radiator compatibility: Upgrade to the power of liquid cooling for your CPU or GPU with up to a 240mm hydro series cooler in front of the case.
- Native USB 3.0 and SSD support for modern builds: Whether it be a new external drive for storage or a new SSD for your OS or games, rest assured the SPEC-ALPHA is ready for anything you throw at it.
While this is not the first case from Corsair to remove the drive bays it is the first mid size ATX case to feature styling introduced by the Corsair Bulldog. The case features very aggressive lines with an interesting design for the feet and a large angular side window. Coming in a variety of three colors; black/grey, red/white or the previously un-announced black/red pattern should satisfy most people.
These are the full resolution shots of the case to get an idea of what to expect from it.
We would love to hear what you all think of the design of the case and whether anyone is planning to pick one up at its low price of $79.99USD or is there another case, like the Fractal Design Define S, more worthy of your money? Sound off in the comments below!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter